This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Problems with App Store Installation

Hi,

I followed your instructions and moved my existing copy of 1Password to trash then downloaded 1Password from the App Store. When I ran it the first time, the Master Password screen appears but will not move past. Tried as existing user - couldn't locate the old files. Tried as new user and it won't continue.

Help.

Butch

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi there Butch,

Please try the steps listed here:

http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/8068-official-answers-1password-and-the-mac-app-store/

Under

[u][b][size=5]1Password Cannot Find My Existing Data[/size][/b][/u]

Please let me know how that turns out.
  • markdorison
    markdorison Junior Member
    I had the same problem and this solved it for me. Thanks.
  • jeffmarks
    jeffmarks Junior Member
    Just like so many others - I’m a <very> avid and long-time supporter/user of Agile products but I am going absolutely NUTS over 3.9 install. (and really miss being able to communicate directly with your site which has always been immediately - and directly - helpful)

I have 1Pass. 3.9 installed and have put in trash (but not deleted) 3.8.5.

I have 3.85 installed both on my main drive as well as on a clone - Both are updated to 3.8.5

I am a novice when it comes to gettting into the guts of OS

I bring up the Welcome window: I click on “I have already used 1Password.”

I have two “users” on this computer;

on my main user/myuser1/library/applicationsupport/1password: I have simply “license“ & “scripts“ files only

on my secondary/myuser2/libraryapplicationsupport/1password: I have the works; “agent,” “backups”, “cache”, “extensions” AND 1password.agilekeychain.

I would have thought my problem would be that I have the file on this secondary partition, which can’t be accessed by my main user (which was never proved a problem with 3.8.5) but even when signed as that user and accessing that 1password.agilekeychain file - it does the same thing.

I don’t know if this information helps but if there is anyone smarter than me out there I”d really appreciate your thoughts.

Lastly, this is what I seem to have repeated endlessly in Console

9/11/11 9:35:50.557 AM 1Password: Connection invalid

9/11/11 9:35:50.557 AM 1Password: [39001] Connection invalid

9/11/11 9:35:50.557 AM [0x0-0x38038].com.agilebits.onepassword-osx: Sep 11 09:35:50 jeff-markss-mac-pro-3.local 1Password[587] <Error>: [39001] Connection invalid

9/11/11 9:35:50.559 AM 1Password: [39001] Refreshing Helper

9/11/11 9:35:50.559 AM [0x0-0x38038].com.agilebits.onepassword-osx: Sep 11 09:35:50 jeff-markss-mac-pro-3.local 1Password[587] <Notice>: [39001] Refreshing Helper
  • cel
    cel
    edited September 2011
    Had the same problem and this worked for me. Thank you very much!
  • I saw the solution posted but could not find the "container" folder on either of my computers and nothing was in the dropbox.

??

Butch
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi Butch,

I'm not sure you're looking at the right place in the FAQ. Did you see the section titled

[u][b][size=5]1Password Cannot Find My Existing Data[/size][/b][/u]