This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

"remote encryption keys have changed" Dropbox Safari 5.1

First of all, great product. I use it across a virtual PC and several Macs. I also know that it's tough during this transition to the App Store. I have upgraded to 3.9 in the App Store and now cannot sync my iPhon through Dropbox. I get the error message above that the remote encryption keys have changed. Granted, I did not sync the iPhone immediately before upgrading to 3.9.

I would normally reset or rebuild, but only one of my software licenses out of about 30 came over during the upgrade to 3.9. They are all on my iPhone, and I would like to save them before doing anything else. Any ideas? I am finding that I am unable to leave a comment like this on Safari 5.1, only on Firefox, and even then, with no ability to format or move cursor back and forth, until I previewed this comment. Am I missing some setting? Does Safari 5.1 not work on your forums?

Thanks again for a great product and hang in there.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi pdm32,

I'm sorry for the delayed reply. This is a really strange issue. First I would expect all of your entries to still be accessible after the 3.9 upgrade. If that is not currently the case, please restart your Mac and see if that helps. Sometimes there is a minor caching issue where not all items will be displayed. Restarting tends to fix this. If that does not work, you can restore from a backup from File > Restore.

Whenever things get wonky on iOS the first thing I usually suggest is to reinstall the app in question. Note that following this procedure will erase any data stored in the 1Password app on your iOS device, so you'll have to set up your master password and Dropbox syncing again. I would also recommend creating a manual backup, just in case:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_touch/backup.html

Once you have your data backed up you can remove 1Password by pressing and holding on the 1Password icon until all the icons start to jiggle. Then you can click the X in the top left corner to uninstall 1Password. Once 1Password disappears, you can press the home button to stop the icons from jiggling. You can then either re-sync the 1Password app over from your computer, or download a fresh copy from the App Store (note: even though the button still says "Buy," you won't actually be charged a 2nd time).

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Ben