This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password locks after a few seconds [Answered]

After entering my password and unlocking 1Password, I tried to move around Wallet, Software, and Folders, but the program locks after a few seconds of use. If I reenter the password, I can use it for a few more seconds but it locks again.

The issue is happening on the same machine that could not find my file within a Dropbox subfolder. It's working flawlessly on my MBP that found the Dropbox subfolder file without a problem. Is there a permission issue?

Comments

• I'm having the exact same issue. This stops though when I disable auto lock. As soon as I enable auto lock, it locks after few seconds, even if I set auto lock time out toe 30mins.

Any fixes?
  • My colleague and I just installed the App Store 3.9 1Password on our Lion Macs, after first uninstalling 3.8, and we both experienced 1Password automatically locking after just a few seconds.

I have just disabled "Auto-Lock after 20 minutes of inactivity", but left "Lock when sleeping" enabled, and this seems to have solved it for me.

Very puzzling that 1Password has forgotten how to count to 20 minutes after upgrading to 3.9.
  • I would like to turn off autolock (that's not a good long-term solution, but I want to be able to use 1Password), but the checkbox is grayed out. Maybe the app needs to be unlocked to change this preference, but it locks before I can get to the preferences panel. So... the app is pretty much unusable right now. I have to manually key things in while looking at my iPhone version. Is there a fix in the works?
  • See our ongoing discussion: http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/8092-1password-app-immediately-locks-after-unlocking/

It looks as though it's related to remote accessing methods and Agile doesn't have a fix yet.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Thanks for the assist botsmack!
This discussion has been closed.