This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Latest Update issues.

Crackers
Crackers Junior Member
edited July 2010 in Mac
Hi all,

Just carried out the latest update on 1P v3

As a result I cannot launch 1P. It just hangs and I have to force quit.

I am running the OSX 10.6 latest updates carried out,

1P is V3

Has anyone else experiencing any issues with the latest update?

Sample Process taken .

Cheers

Crackers

Comments

• binaryeric
    binaryeric Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    Since the last update I have been experiencing constant hangs when pushing the "1P" button in Safari. Sometimes it takes 15-20 seconds for the menu to appear. This is after a erase & install only a few days ago. So my machine is as fresh as can be (quad 2.66, 8 GB RAM, Mac Pro)

Eric
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='binaryeric']This is after a erase & install only a few days ago. So my machine is as fresh as can be (quad 2.66, 8 GB RAM, Mac Pro)[/QUOTE]

Presumably with the latest OS and Safari updates?
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited July 2010
    [quote name='Crackers']Hi all,

Just carried out the latest update on 1P v3

As a result I cannot launch 1P. It just hangs and I have to force quit.

I am running the OSX 10.6 latest updates carried out,

1P is V3

Has anyone else experiencing any issues with the latest update?

Sample Process taken .

Cheers

Crackers[/QUOTE]

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Have you reinstall 1PW first?

You may have to remove a couple of files such as the perferences and cache files, but we would like to know what the cause of the issue first is. Can you send us your crash logs? They are stored at ~/Library/Logs/1Password and the email address is support AT agile DOT ws.

[quote name='binaryeric']Since the last update I have been experiencing constant hangs when pushing the "1P" button in Safari. Sometimes it takes 15-20 seconds for the menu to appear. This is after a erase & install only a few days ago. So my machine is as fresh as can be (quad 2.66, 8 GB RAM, Mac Pro)

Eric[/QUOTE]

Hi Eric,

Can you tell us which version of Safari you're using and if you are using any other extensions with it? There were some users who noticed a lag with evernote clipper installed.
  • Crackers
    Crackers Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi MikhailT,

Thanks for the welcome.

I have emailed the crash logs to the email address you supplied.

Attached is the console app system diagnostic report.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi Crackers,

Rather than attaching logs etc, can you e-mail them to support [at] agile [dot] ws - the forums are public and often these logs can contain sensitive information.

Thanks
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited July 2010
    [quote name='Crackers']Hi MikhailT,

Thanks for the welcome.

I have emailed the crash logs to the email address you supplied.

Attached is the console app system diagnostic report.[/QUOTE]

Hi Crackers,

Have you reinstalled 1PW yet? Download a new copy of 1Password from [url]http://agile.ws/downloads[/url], and let us know if the crash still occurs.

I was referring to general errors showing up in the Console.app and I should've been more clear to ask you to email them instead of attaching them here, I apologize for that.

Thanks,
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    I to have been experiencing hangs in 1P on my macbook and my imac. Edit : Also the wife's mb

Both/all use 1P 3.2.5 and both are running 10.6.4 and Safari 5, I have noticed the long hang time when launching the app itself and with the app unlocking. No evernote clipper installed. In fact no extensions installed at all.

I am sending my console log and activity monitor log with a link to the thread.

Edit it has been some time since I did a removal and reinstall of 1P so I will try that and post back if I see a difference.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    thightower,

You might want to go to the Troubleshooting Menu and do the following: Clear Cache and rebuild data file.
  • thightower
    edited December 1969
    Thanks been there done that last night and today again. and also did it while doing the reinstall, so no go.

I sent the reports 2 console at different times and 2 activity at different times and a diagnostic report. (Which 1P gave a severe fit at producing) Incidentally had to just force quit 1P after it generated the report.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    Just a hunch, do you both have 1PasswdIM file in /Library/InputManagers ?
  • thightower
    edited July 2010
    Just a hunch here I did a reinstall on 1 of my macs (my mb) and left the others alone but I did noticed I had Glims installed everywhere and once I installed the newest update (of Glims) 1P was back as snappy as ever. On the MB I reinstalled 1p on as well as my other macs

Based upon some still having an old copy of 1P via updates etc I think Glims was having some effect on this, just my opinion here. Check for updates maybe it will help the newest update is 1.0 build (25) June 21, 2010.

Also Safari is moving much better for me in general after installing the update (actually a lot better pages dont hang anymore and web sites are resolved much easier without waits) .

Also 1P is locking and unlocking a lot faster here, faster than it has in a while.

Edit

BTW

Mike like the new signature your sporting. :)

Also in re to your question no there is nothing in the Input managers folder. There really shouldn't be on SL anyway. But you never know, strange things have happened before.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='thightower']Just a hunch here I did a reinstall on 1 of my macs (my mb) and left the others alone but I did noticed I had Glims installed everywhere and once I installed the newest update 1P was back as snappy as ever. On the MB I reinstalled 1p on as well as my other macs

Based upon some still having an old copy of 1P via updates etc I think Glims was having some effect on this, just my opinion here. Check for updates maybe it will help the newest update is 1.0 build (25) June 21, 2010.

Also Safari is moving much better for me in general after installing the update (actually a lot better pages dont hang anymore and web sites are resolved much easier without waits) .

Also 1P is locking and unlocking a lot faster here, faster than it has in a while.

Edit

BTW

Mike like the new signature your sporting. :)

Also in re to your question no there is nothing in the Input managers folder. There really shouldn't be on SL anyway. But you never know, strange things have happened before.[/QUOTE]

That's the tricky issue with those hangs reports, it is usually a plugin, extension or some old file like 1PasswdIM which still does show up on people's machine. Especially since SL is often done as an upgrade option and many people upgrading from 1PW 2 to 3 or keeping both.

As to the new sig, thanks. :) I'm enjoying the job too.
  • Crackers
    Crackers Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi Mikhail,

I reinstalled the 1P app again. Works now. But the only other problems I have are that once I unlock the app it takes 25 to 30 seconds to "open up" and this also applies to the browser. I use fire fox, and when I have the 1P extension enabled, launch time on fire fox is 25 to 30 seconds. if the browser extension is disabled it is 2 seconds.

Is there any know issues with the latest update of fire fox?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Crackers.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Crackers']Hi Mikhail,

I reinstalled the 1P app again. Works now. But the only other problems I have are that once I unlock the app it takes 25 to 30 seconds to "open up" and this also applies to the browser. I use fire fox, and when I have the 1P extension enabled, launch time on fire fox is 25 to 30 seconds. if the browser extension is disabled it is 2 seconds.

Is there any know issues with the latest update of fire fox?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Crackers.[/QUOTE]

Just like with 1Password... the question begging to be asked is "When you say 'latest update of fire fox', which version specifically are you referring to?" There are already people running a Firefox 4 beta that's out there. I'm using Firefox 3.6.6 with 1Password 3.2.5 on a Snow Leopard system without any delays to accept my Master Password.

Please run the 1Password application and choose the Help -> Troubleshooting -> Rebuild Data File option.
  • Crackers
    Crackers Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi Marty,

I am running Fire Fox v 3.6.6

I ran the rebuild option under 1 password, and after 10 minutes of the spinning wheel of death it was not responding.
  • Crackers
    Crackers Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi again Marty,

I decided to restart the computer and reinstall the 1 password again. I then carried out the data rebuild and it worked, it also appears, at this stage to have fixed the slow launch times in both fire fox and the app itself.

Many thanks to you and Mike, for your help.

Cheers

Crackers
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Crackers']Hi again Marty,

I decided to restart the computer and reinstall the 1 password again. I then carried out the data rebuild and it worked, it also appears, at this stage to have fixed the slow launch times in both fire fox and the app itself.

Many thanks to you and Mike, for your help.

Cheers

Crackers[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting us know that you're back on your feet and that the performance has improved.