This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Bug: Cannot delete folders

1Password 3.9.0 from Mac App Store has a bug....

Delete a folder (that is empty), and it disappears as you would expect. Exit and restart 1Password, and the folder comes back???

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    This is due to a bug with the browser extensions and is fixed in the latest beta. The next release will contain this fix. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for taking the time to report the problem.
  • I just purchased 3.9 via MAS. How can I get the beta you referenced?
  • This is the browser extensions beta....

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/safari.html?beta=y

But, it does not fix folders reappearing after they are deleted. When will this be fixed?
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    The bug is in 1Password itself. The fix will be in the next release of the application.
  • JayBarcelo
    JayBarcelo Junior Member
    Does this bug also includes deleting Tags?

because when I delete some tags and re-appear again after restarting 3.9
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Yes, unfortunately.
  • Adrian B
    Adrian B Junior Member
    Ah, so this is why I can't delete the hundreds of folders the Password Wallet import just created. Guess I'll just have to wait then.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thank you for your patience! The fix will be in the next update.

If we can be further assistance in the meantime, please let us know.

We are always here to help!
  • Any update on this? I'm using the current MAS version and if I try to delete a tag category, 1Password freezes, requires a force quit, and won't unlock until after a computer restart. If I delete all tags individually from items, they all reappear immediately after closing and unlocking 1Password again. I've gone through these processes countless times now with no success.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Sorry for the confusion. This thread is about an issue with folders which has been fixed in 1Password 3.9.1. There is completely separate problem with tags in 1Password 3.9.1 (though on the surface I can understand why they appear to be related). The problem with tags is resolved in 3.9.2 which has already been submitted to the App Store. It should be available to download soon.