This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Installation troubles

The App Store downloaded and installed 1Password 3.9.

I followed your instruction to the letter as follows:

[size=2]How do I install 1Password 3.9 if I'm an existing customer? [/size]

[size=1]1. Make sure you have the latest version of 1Password installed by using 1Password > Check for Updates. This will install the latest version of the 1PasswordAgent process. The latest version will automatically remove itself when the Mac App Store version of 1Password is started. [/size]

[size=1]2. Move the old copy of the 1Password.app to Trash. 3. Install 1Password from the Mac App Store. [/size]

[size=1]The important thing to keep in mind is that the Mac App Store version is sandboxed and has very limited access to your file system. It can only store data in its Container folder (~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx- helper/Data/Documents/1Password.agilekeychain) or in Dropbox. [/size]

[size=1]If your data is already stored on Dropbox then 1Password will keep using it. If you data was stored in the previously default location (~/Library/Application Support/1Password) then it will be automatically moved into the Container. [/size]

[size=1]1Password 3.9 did not move any files from (~/Library/Application Support/1Password) to (~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx- helper/Data/Documents/1Password.agilekeychain).[/size]

[size=1]The only items (~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx- helper/Data/Documents/1Password.agilekeychain) are a folder called "com.agilebits.onepassword-osx". This folder has 2 Items in it, which are 1) Container.plist and 2) folder called "Data".[/size] The contents of the "Data" folder which is shown in the attachment have nothing to do with 1Password. All agilebits data is still in (~/Library/Application Support/1Password).

I do not have "Dropbox installed on my computer, so my 1Password data is in (~/Library/Application Support/1Password).

Please advise as to how to remedy this problem.

sanussel@1955.usna.com

Comments

• The App Store downloaded and installed 1Password 3.9.

[size=1]1. Make sure you have the latest version of 1Password installed by using 1Password > Check for Updates. This will install the latest version of the 1PasswordAgent process. The latest version will automatically remove itself when the Mac App Store version of 1Password is started. [/size]

[size=1]2. Move the old copy of the 1Password.app to Trash. 3. Install 1Password from the Mac App Store. [/size]

[size=1]The important thing to keep in mind is that the Mac App Store version is sandboxed and has very limited access to your file system. It can only store data in its Container folder (~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx- helper/Data/Documents/1Password.agilekeychain) or in Dropbox. [/size]

[size=1]If your data is already stored on Dropbox then 1Password will keep using it. If you data was stored in the previously default location (~/Library/Application Support/1Password) then it will be automatically moved into the Container. [/size]

[size=1]1Password 3.9 did not move any files from (~/Library/Application Support/1Password) to (~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx- helper/Data/Documents/1Password.agilekeychain).[/size]

[size=1]The only items (~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx- helper/Data/Documents/1Password.agilekeychain) are a folder called "com.agilebits.onepassword-osx". This folder has 2 Items in it, which are 1) Container.plist and 2) folder called "Data".[/size] The contents of the "Data" folder which is shown in the attachment have nothing to do with 1Password. All agilebits data is still in (~/Library/Application Support/1Password).

I do not have "Dropbox installed on my computer, so my 1Password data is in (~/Library/Application Support/1Password).

sanussel@1955.usna.com
  • The App Store downloaded and installed 1Password 3.9.

[size=4][color=#282828][font=Georgia]1. Make sure you have the latest version of 1Password installed by using 1Password > Check for Updates. This will install the latest version of the 1PasswordAgent process. The latest version will automatically remove itself when the Mac App Store version of 1Password is started. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#282828][font=Georgia]2. Move the old copy of the 1Password.app to Trash. 3. Install 1Password from the Mac App Store. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#282828][font=Georgia]The important thing to keep in mind is that the Mac App Store version is sandboxed and has very limited access to your file system. It can only store data in its Container folder (~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx- helper/Data/Documents/1Password.agilekeychain) or in Dropbox. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#282828][font=Georgia]If your data is already stored on Dropbox then 1Password will keep using it. If you data was stored in the previously default location (~/Library/Application Support/1Password) then it will be automatically moved into the Container. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#282828][font=Georgia]1Password 3.9 did not move any files from (~/Library/Application Support/1Password) to (~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx- helper/Data/Documents/1Password.agilekeychain).[/font][/color][/size]

[size=1][size=4]The only items (~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx- helper/Data/Documents/1Password.agilekeychain) are a folder called "com.agilebits.onepassword-osx". This folder has 2 Items in it, which are 1) Container.plist and 2) folder called "Data"[/size].[/size] The contents of the "Data" folder which is shown in the attachment have nothing to do with 1Password. All agilebits data is still in (~/Library/Application Support/1Password).

sanussel@1955.usna.com
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi there,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

When you launch 1Password do you not have access to your keychain? From your post above it sounds like that is in the correct place.

Ben