This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

How Do I Downgrade From 3.9 back to 3.8?

Title says it all. Do I just delete 3.9? Is 3.8.5 still available as a download? Thanks

Comments

• That would work just fine, but deleting 1Password from LaunchPad will also delete your backups and data, unless it's being stored in Dropbox.

If you don't mind my asking, is there a reason you'd want to downgrade to 3.8.5?
  • breatleb
    edited September 2011
    [quote name='stu' timestamp='1315783358' post='47955']

That would work just fine, but deleting 1Password from LaunchPad will also delete your backups and data, unless it's being stored in Dropbox.

If you don't mind my asking, is there a reason you'd want to downgrade to 3.8.5?

[/quote]

Thank you for your response. So if I delete it from "Applications" but not from Launchpad, it will not delete my data? Is that correct?

I want to downgrade because 3.9 makes me enter the password more often than 3.8 did. The old one would let me enter the password in the application itself once. Then in Safari all I had to do was do the keystroke and it would fill in the password fields. Now, no matter whether I have the application opened with the password, the Safari extension requires me to enter the password again in the popup graphic "logins for this page."
  • Actually, 3.9 should have improved this behaviour. Before you uninstall 3.9 can you go to 1Password > Preferences > Security and make sure that 'Enable Universal Unlock' is checked as you can see here:

[img]http://i.agilebits.com/sh/universalunlock.png[/img]

The same would also need to be set within the extension's settings as you see here:

[img]http://i.agilebits.com/sh/extunlock.png[/img]

You may want to restart Safari with Command + Option + Q so that the extension is properly updated, and also make sure that you do have the 1Password Helper running, which can be enabled via 1Password > Preferences > Extensions if it isn't already.

Let me know how that turns out,
  • I tried that, but it only works intermittently/inconsistently. Additionally there are some sites that I don't have to re-unlock, but the keystroke pulls up the box again, whereas other sites I can do the keystroke and it fills in the password without the box popping up. Also some sites autosubmit, and others don't.
  • blbennett43
    blbennett43 Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    I would like to downgrade to the version prior to Safari 5, but maybe that's not possible.

Reasons:

1. No drop down text menus as I see on your product site. I still get only the box.

2. It does not ask for nor allow me to save a password to my scottrade site. I deleted the login I had for this site since it would not accept the password from 1PW. But now I have no way to make it create a new login in 1PW. I see no option in the drop down box to make it save a password.

3. The shortcut key displays a drop down menu from LaunchBar. But I fixed that by downgrading to previous version of LaunchBar

You guys had a great thing going until this summer. Why did you change everything?