This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

How to start over with 1Password 3.9

Hi all,

r

I am new to the 1Password and have just downloaded version 3.9 from the Mac app store. I set my master password and started configuring the application. However, I must have done something wrong when typing my master password (and amazingly must have repeated the same mistake when verifying it!) beacause now I can't seem to get it right and the 1Password is locked. (and i am locked out of it) I have been trying to follow the instructions on how to Start Over, but I can't seem to locate the keychain file anywhere. It's not in >Library>Application Support, and it's not in >Library>Keychains. Since I am locked out of the software, I can't access it through the internal menus either....

Is there anyway I can start over and set a new master password, so that I can finally beging to use the program?....

Comments

• tgt
    tgt Junior Member
    Open the Preferences (I believe you should still be able to do this whilst 1Password is locked.)

It will show you where the keychain is stored, it should be in ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx or ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper (I'm not sure which as I have mine stored on Dropbox.)