This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Webpage won't cooperate with 1PW

Manfredo52
Manfredo52 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Hello, I just bought the 1Password software. Following webpage will not work with that.

[url]http://www.broetchen-bestellung.de/[/url]

It is german. Top right, below HAMBURG, you can see Benutzer (user) and Passwort

1PW will not fill in here what I have entered into the software nor does it recognise what I enter. It does cooperate with other websites I have visited.

I use OSX 10.6.4 FFox 3.6

regards

from 34 Degr C hot Hamburg

Manfred

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi Manfred,

First of all, welcome to the forums, it's great to have you with us.

I've just taken a look at the site, and it's entirely Flash based. 1Password is unable to save and restore logins for sites that use Adobe Flash. As far as we know, no browser password manager anywhere supports Flash-based sites as it is a proprietary solution and does not interface with the browser much at all. In fact, we worked with a Flash consultant and after reviewing the latest APIs provided by Adobe we found it is still not possible unless websites modify their code to allow it.

Most websites realise the problems with using Flash and provide a standard HTML login page as well. If you search around on their site or contact their support, you will likely find a normal login page that will work correctly. If you cannot find one, the only workaround is to save the username and password in 1Password and copy and paste it whenever you need to log into the site.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer, Flash really does need to die, HTML5+CSS3 can do pretty much everything that Flash can do and are more reliable and secure.
  • Manfredo52
    Manfredo52 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi there and thanks for the reply

Understood.

regards Manfred
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    You're welcome Manfred, I'm just sorry I couldn't give you a better answer for this particular site.