This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Forgot iPad Password - Options?

ifireun
ifireun Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Purchased/setup/synced 1PW for iPad, then hours later got banged up pretty bad in an auto accident. Now several weeks later, being well enough to use my iPad again - I can't remember the unlock password for this app. :???:

What are my options - delete then reinstall? Other...

The iPad app is my only Agile product between my Apple devices. My iPad apps are backed up to iTunes when synced.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited July 2010
    Hi, welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear that you got hurt in the car accident, glad to see you're okay (assuming you're doing okay).

I'm also sorry to tell you that there's no way to reset the master password without starting from scratch. Otherwise there's no point of having 1PW if any random people can just reset your password and gain access to all your passwords.

If you had 1PW client for the Mac, it would act as a fallback since the database is synced and stored in two different places (1PW Touch/Mac). The way it would work is that you can safely delete the 1PW Touch on your iPhone and start from scratch with a new password and have 1PW Mac client sync the database back to you. This isn't meant to try to push you to buy the software, but suggesting a possible fallback plan in the future. You can always use the keychain access app in Mac OS X to store your 1PW Touch master password to prevent this from happening again.

Let us know if you need anything else,