This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Post 4.0 launch upgrade discount

All I've been reading is "if you buy 1P from MAS now with 50% off you get a free upgrade to version 4".

Well, I have multiple licenses for the 1P3 version, and may or may not upgrade to 4.0. I say this because frankly, I don't what the version will be like, never heard of it until now and never saw it and certainly won't buy something based on promises.

What about all of the customers that like me, want to wait for a new major release to see if it's really worth it?

We'll get discount to buy the new version from the MAS?

Comments

• danco
    danco Senior Member
    I hope the discount will continue for a while after 4.0 is announced and information about new features is available.

Agile have not said this, and might not do so, and some of their current comments worry me, but it would seem good practice.

I don't think you can expect the discount to continue once 4.0 is actually available.
  • [quote name='danco' timestamp='1315836851' post='48156']

I don't think you can expect the discount to continue once 4.0 is actually available.

[/quote]

That is what worries me.

If this actually happens, I'll take my 2 single licenses and 1 family pack license and find another solution. It may not be as good as 1P, but that's what trade-offs are for...
  • As I recall, the way it's worked in the past, which is no guarantee of the future is this:

Yes, you can buy the next version based on promises, which i have always done, but that's me. Agile during mid 2.x cycle said, 3.x is going to be super cool, we promise. And, if you trust us we'll give you a super deep discount now.

Once 3.x was released there still was upgrade pricing but it wasn't as generous as the "promise" pricing.

My guess...based on nothing...is that when 4.0 is released it may be briefly discounted to allow folks who were not comfortable upgrading during the "promise" period to upgrade once all the features were available. However, if you expect that "intro period" discount to be as deep as the "3.x-4.x Promise period," I'm guessing you will be disappointed.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    I can only comment on there here and now, anything beyond that is speculation. As posted on our twitter feed, the $19.99 MAS pricing will end tomorrow.