This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature Request: Obscure Credit Card and Bank Account Numbers

benfdc
benfdc Perspective Giving Member
edited September 2011 in Mac
I don't like the fact that 1Password displays my full credit card and bank account numbers even when I have it set to Conceal Passwords.

I understand that a bank account number is not a password. But neither is a Social Security Number, and 1P conceals SSNs when it is configured to conceal passwords. I also recognize that I give out a credit card number whenever I purchase something, and a bank account number whenever I write a check. Be that as it may, 1Password should have the capability of protecting those account numbers from screen scrapers and shoulder surfers IMO.

You guys know more far more about UI than I do, so I'm not going to tell you how I think it should be done (a Conceal Account Numbers option in the View menu, something in a preference pane, etc.) I doubt that you would get many customer complaints if you were to obscure all but the last three or four digits of bank account and credit card numbers by default when 1P is configured to conceal passwords, but you know your users one heck of a lot better than I do so I could be way off-base there too.

I'm pretty sure that I have chimed in on this before, but apparently it was too long ago to show up in "My Content" so I'm starting a new thread. I haven't seen any hints from all y'all about what goodies will be coming our way in 1P4, but I'd be very happy if this one makes the cut.

—Ben F

Comments

• Hi Ben,

Personally I'n not too worried about this one, but that doesn't mean it's not a good feature request and a valid concern, I just always like to add my own view.

I do believe there's been talks of being able to customise which fields are concealed within 1Password as part of the wider customisable templates work. I like your suggestion of concealing all but the last 4 digits, much like most receipts will provide.

You know the drill, I can't promise anything in terms of timeframe, but I'll certainly pass it along.