This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Suggestions for Future Development

glindsey
edited September 2011 in 1Password 3 for Mac
Hi there! I've totally immersed myself with this software, in my efforts to understand and utilize it fully, with the end result that I have a few ideas that I'd like to recommend to you for possible inclusion in future builds of this product.

1. What seems to make this product so unique is its lovely graphical interface. One can, for instance, identify immediately with the icon for eBay and at a glance locate the login for the site. Very nice! However, the interface would be even better if it allowed for more customization options.

For example, out of frustration that my icons were not showing up properly in the application (please refer to my earlier post for details on this issue), I began creating lovely, hi-res images for some of the login icons. These are truly beautiful, and I will attach a couple of examples for you to see. However, I am dismayed that the same image that I elect to use for an icon is then what appears as the attachment for the descriptive login panels associated with those icons. The graphic that works well for a small "branding" icon does not work especially well for a page preview.

What would be truly "nifty" is if you would add the icons and the page previews independently of each other, and allow substitutions for them independently of each other. Then, if we elected to substitute our own icons or banners for the default icons or preview pages, we could do that. And the "fall back" is that for those who don't want this level of customization, they could still use the application's default settings for these images.

2. This product has the potential to be a great place to contain in a secure fashion even more types of information. At the risk of cluttering up your attractive interface, I'd like to see subscriptions, policies ( i.e. like insurance policies), and warranties added to your vault, with the option not to include them or to include them in the listings. I suppose each of these items loosely could fall under "accounts", but I really think that the information that you would want to record for a subscription service is not necessarily the same type of information that you would want to record for a warranty or an insurance policy.

3. Okay, as promised, I'm adding a few attachments of login icons that I have created for use with this program. But in thinking about it, what would be really helpful is if there was a place on your site to which readers could submit their icons for use by other users of this software product!

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hey glindsey,

I'm sorry about the delay in replying to your message. We appreciate your suggestions! You have some excellent ideas there and we will consider how to best approach implementing them for future revisions.

Thanks!