This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Deleted and emptied trash stuff keeps coming back!

SWR
SWR Junior Member
WTF?!

These issue apply to both 3.8.5 and 3.9 versions on two different Macs.

I clearly remembered deleting some old login passwords a few days ago. Yes, I also emptied trash. And I do use 1Password everyday many times. For some strange reason, I just launched 1Password a few minutes ago and those deleted stuff are BACK!!! By the way, they won't there a few hours ago. What's going on with 1Password app. Yes, happened to both 3.8.5 and 3.9 versions.

I know that deleted folders do come back because it's a bug. Still annoying.

Clearly, 1Password is the best and worst app I have used.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi SWR,

This is a known bug in v3.9. It has already been fixed in the latest generation of 3.8.x and will be fixed in 3.9 in the next release. It is related to the syncing of the main database with the databases used by the browser extensions.

Thanks

Ben
  • SWR
    SWR Junior Member
    Okay, thanks.
  • Egads...the extensions each have their own version of the database...please explain
  • SWR
    SWR Junior Member
    Geez! Even update to 3.8.6 in Snow Leopard, the issue is still there! Yesterday alone, I have to delete 5 login items I had deleted and emptied trash previously FIVE times!!! FIVE times launching the 1Password app. WTF?!!!
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    [quote name='The Doctor' timestamp='1315920880' post='48573']

Egads...the extensions each have their own version of the database...please explain

[/quote]

Correct. The extensions each only have access to their own database, they don't have access to the rest of the file system, so we use the 1P Helper / Agent to populate these databases.

SWR: It should be fixed in the next update. Also please make sure you follow these directions:

[url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/troubleshooting_safari_5.1.html#extension_data_does_not_match_the_main_application"]Extension Data Does Not Match the Main Application[/url]

Thank you

Ben
  • SWR
    SWR Junior Member
    The latest version 3.8.8 did not fix this problem. How?
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Please be sure to carefully follow the steps outlined in the link Ben shared above. You will need to remove and then reinstall your browser extension(s) after switching to 1Password 3.8.8 in order to see the issue resolved.

Please let me know how it turns out!
  • SWR
    SWR Junior Member
    Will try when I have the time.

1Password Safari extension is tied with the browser privacy data. If I reset Safari and relaunch, I always get the 1Password webpage. Kinda annoying too.
  • [quote name='SWR' timestamp='1318081805' post='52500']

If I reset Safari and relaunch, I always get the 1Password webpage. Kinda annoying too.

[/quote]

Yes. We are working on a different approach that should eliminate this problem in the future. For now, you can opt to not "remove all website data" when resetting Safari, and that should prevent the extension page from reopening, also.