This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Not filling in fields?

I tried to search for this, but I had too many stop words...

Lately 1Password, not only on my Mac but on my Windows machine, simply doesn't fill in the username field on a web page. The data is in 1Password, and the page hasn't changed since I first created the entry...but the username entry simply doesn't get filled in. This seems to be happening to a slowly increasing number of sites.

I have thought about "refreshing" the entry in 1Password, but I'm also not sure how to force the program to save login information when the information already exists in the database...that is, no new password, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Comments

• Hi Lee,

Is this happening with just one site? If so, do you have a link and we can look into things for you?

In any case, to re-save a Login to 1Password the best option is to use the browser extension as such:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.

2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.

3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).

4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

I hope that helps,
  • zra
    zra Junior Member
    I'm having a similar problem since I upgraded to Firefox 6 on Snow Leopard. I used to use apple-option-1 and it would fill in forms automatically. It no longer does that and it won't fill if I try and do it with the mouse and the 1P menu either.