This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Icon in Safari not visible until I launch the 1P application

donny
donny Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
With the latest rounds of Safari updates (v5) and the latest 1P(3.2.5), the 1P icon in Safari doesn't show up unless I launch the 1P application. After I launch the app, everything is fine. But I know this is not the way it's intended to be. Any one else experience this? Fix?

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited July 2010
    Hi, welcome to the forums.

Are you saying this is happening consistently across both restarts of the apps and reboots of the computer? Do you have other plugins installed like Glims/Evernote?
  • donny
    donny Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Yes, especially across restarts and reboots. If I don't restart or reboot, often everything will stay as it's intended after I have launched the 1P. I can quit Safari and open it again, and most times the icon will be there, other times not so. But after every restart or reboot, it's never there. I have to launch 1P app first, then it's there. I have no other plugins besides webEx.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    Are you running as admin or standard user?

Can you try to remove the 1PW by going to 1PW's Preference Pane, Browsers Tab and uncheck and check the Enable Browser extensions and restart Safari again to see if it still an error?
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='donny']With the latest rounds of Safari updates (v5) and the latest 1P(3.2.5), the 1P icon in Safari doesn't show up unless I launch the 1P application. After I launch the app, everything is fine. But I know this is not the way it's intended to be. Any one else experience this? Fix?[/QUOTE]

Please try this:

- Quit Safari

- Run 1Password

- Click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions

- For good measure, restart your Mac.

- Start Safari and let us know how it goes