This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Dropbox greyout

rurwin
rurwin Junior Member
edited September 2011 in 1Password 3 for Mac
I have been Beta testing 1Password for at least a year now, with very little issues on any of the updates, BUT upgrading from 3.8.x to the MAS version 3.9 has been anything but annoying.

1 - I had to delete the non-MAS version

2 - Install the MAS version

3 - indicate that I am an existing user

4 - point my data base to user/rurwin/documents/dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

5 - the MAS version does not point to the dropbox version and I cannot move it, as the dropbox button is greyed out

Please see attached file

Please help me move my 1Password file back to my Dropbox location so that I can sync my database with my iPhone and iPad.

Thank you

Comments

• rurwin
    rurwin Junior Member
    Never mind I figured it out

I moved my Dropbox folder from user/[i]username/d[/i]ocuments/Dropbox to user/[i]username/[/i]Dropbox
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you got it resolved.

Dropbox must be located at ~/Dropbox in order for 1P to work with it (where ~ is your home folder).
  • There must be more to it than that. I have mine in user/[i]username/[/i]Dropbox. When 1Password starts I point it at the keychain at that location, a box appears very briefly then nothing.

When I go to preferences the dropbox choice is still greyed out. I even tried repairing file privileges but no joy.