This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Suggestion Finding logins with tags

Bill.
Bill. Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Hi,

I am relatively new at using tags, and so I may not be using them as effectively as I can, but given my current understanding of them, I find the 1Password implementation to be cumbersome at best. For me, folders offer superior organization, yet I don't feel like that should be the case.

My problem with tags, is that I made lots of them, and in my Firefox browser, they all appear in a one column list when I select "Go and Fill Login." My list of tags is large enough that if I want find a login with a tag near the end of the alphabet, I have to scroll through my long list of tags. That's just not efficient.

I think that a better search implementation using tags might be if the tags were all displayed in a pop up window that showed all the tags at once. Then, selecting one or more tags with and "and" relationship could display the list of sites that contain all selected tags.

Just a thought...

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi Bill,

Thanks for the feedback, you're right we do need to improve how tags are handled within 'Go & Fill' and this is something we're looking into at the moment for a future update. What you're describing sounds very much like what blogs call a 'Tag Cloud' and I'm not 100% how well this would work within the browser window. You can also create 'Smart Folders' which you can use to create a custom folder which will locate items with criteria you can specify, such as tags and search terms.

Hope that helps,
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    Hey Stu

Perhaps the tag cloud option would bring up a large hud window, thats clickable much like the current go and fill. (but larger) :)
  • Bill.
    Bill. Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Stu & Tommy,

Thanks for your replies. Yeah, the HUD idea is what I had in mind, but I'll look forward to seeing whatever creative idea you come up with.

As far a tag clouds go, my personal opinion is that the way that many blogs do it, varying font size with selection frequency, is not long for this world. I think that there are more elegant ways to highlight the most frequently used tags, if that's deemed a desirable thing to do. But it is the latest fashion...

Thanks again for considering how to improve the tag search implementation in the browser.