This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Keyboard shortcut doesn't work when Safari is running on another user's account [Answered]

I had this problem with 3.85 and previous versions. I have the same issue with the MAS version. Otherwise, 1P 3.9 is working fine on both accounts. If Safari is running in another user's account, the keyboard shortcut does not work. If I stay in my account, use Activity Monitor to quit Safari in the other user's account, the keyboard shortcut immediately works without any other intervention. This remains a problem in need of a solution.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    edited September 2011
    Thank you for the report on this mattl. I was able to reproduce this to some degree, and will file a report with our developers on it.

What I did:

I logged into my normal account, launched 1P and Safari. Cmd+\ works.

I switched to my test account using fast user switching, launched Safari and 1P. Cmd+\ does not work (Safari is still running as "normal" account).

I fast user switched back to the normal account. Even though Safari is still running in the test account, Cmd+\ works.

It appears whichever account "grabs" the keyboard shortcut first is the one it will work with.

Until we get this fixed up, it should be possible to use different keyboard shortcuts for different accounts.
  • mattl
    mattl Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the tip. My wife (the other user) doesn't use 1P regularly, so I changed the shortcut on her account and now it works fine on mine when her Safari is running. Hope this bug gets fixed. Thanks, Matt
This discussion has been closed.