This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Install 3.9 over 3.85 not going well

Boy, something's messed up! Downloaded and installed 3.9. It did not replace 3.85 as I expected. Then when I started 3.9 and picked I used 1 password before it asks me to find some files! Why isn't this install seamless?

Comments

• I think you may have misread the guide posted.

What you need to do is upgrade to the latest version of 3.8.x. And then remove the 1password.app from the Applications folder.

Then buy the latest copy from the Mac Store and allow it to install.

There should be no problems.
  • Folks, I did follow the instructions. It didn't work. Pulled the last version out of the trash in order to keep my workflow going. Any suggestions as to how to get 3.9 working?
  • I hope this issue is fixed soon. I had a perfectly fine app and thought I would get a great deal and upgrade to 3.9 but find out there is really no good deal when the upgrade doesn't work.

Tried the suggestion offered above: upgrading to the latest 3.8.5, and uninstalling to install the 3.9 upgrade from the Mac App store. This resulted in several uninstalls and reboots. And still no working 1password app for 3.9.

I had to remove the 3.8.5 from the trash so that I still had access to my passwords.

Not sure whats going on, but this is a really bad transition to a platform I thought was a great idea.

Is there anyway to get a refund if this Mac App Store version if DOA?
  • rkrupka
    rkrupka Junior Member
    Ok I followed EXACTLY as written and 3.9 is a mess. First it asks me to find files that I don't know what it's talking about. Then when I think it has loaded my agile key chain and backup, it sits in the menu bar with no window. When I try to unlock it it says wrong master password! C'mon! Had to time machine back to 3.85.