This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Move agilekeychain file from Dropbox' root folder to a sub-folder?

iCoco
edited September 2011 in Mac
I am not happy with the agilekeychain file lying in Dropbox' root folder. So I created a dedicated sub-folder in Dropbox, then moved the agilekeychain file manually to that new location (from [i]Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain[/i] to [i]Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain[/i]). I then assigned this new location in the 1Password Mac app settings. But it seems as if the iOS app on my iPhone doesn't find and sync this file any more.

Am I missing something here? How do I move the 1Password file from Dropbox' root folder to a sub-folder?

Comments

• Have you moved the settings archive?? Maybe this, I don't know.

If works, please share with me.

Thanks!!

PS/ I don't like too this file is at root... Agile can you change it?
  • I contacted Agilebit's support and received a response within minutes. They told me that "... You can move your data file (which looks like a folder in Dropbox's web interface), but the .ws.agile.1Password.settings "pointer file" must remain in the root of your Dropbox folder. To move your data file, right-click it in 1Password's preferences and select the "Move Data File…" option. (See attached.) The pointer file is hidden by default in OS X (as are all files that begin with a period in Unix-based operating systems), but it will be visible in Dropbox's web interface. This is required for mobile syncing. ..."

So it seems that we'll have to live with it. Well, it's just optical rather than a real issue.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    It looks like this thread was buried deep. Thanks for following up on it with the info I sent you via email!

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Cheers,