This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

The Fix for Your MAS Dropbox Problems!

sandysantra
sandysantra Junior Member
edited September 2011 in 1Password 3 for Mac
Deleted.

Comments

• I have to say that I disagree with this approach; I had some similar issues and resolved them by a much simpler alternative means.

[list]

[*]Delete 1P from all iOS devices

[*]Placed the known, GOOD, agilekeychain file from backup in the dropbox root on a Mac OS X device

[*]Confirm that 1P on that device is operating as expected

[*]Launch 1P on a secondary Mac OS X device and confirm as in step 3 above (Note...should be working fine on two OS X devices now)

[*]Add 1P iPhone app back and link it to Dropbox

[*]Add 1P iPad app back and link it to Dropbox

[/list]
  • sandysantra
    edited September 2011
    Deleted.
  • The Doctor
    The Doctor Member
    edited September 2011
    I'm just missing something I guess. If you go back to the DB that was created prior to any migration, there can't be any divergence because you are "going back in time" to before the corruption began.

3.9 by itself does not routinely create corruption. For how horribly laborious your approach is, I'd humbly suggest giving it one more try. But also be sure that 1P Agent is NOT running around and that it isn't being called from your ~/library/launch services folder. You should only have 1P.app and 1P Helper running in Activity Monitor.

Don't launch any browsers...in fact...blow away the extensions and get fresh ones but only after you have a single DB feeding all your devices successfully.

Worst case...you spend 30 mins doing this and it doesn't work...you've lost nothing compared to how much time it's going to take for you to manually export all those items...

Hope this helps...
  • sandysantra
    edited September 2011
    Deleted.
  • Ahh...I see now...the difference was the few things I added after the migration I could live without and just reset those passwords.

You don't seem to be in the situation where you can afford to simply lose the data from that day or two...

:-/
  • sandysantra
    edited September 2011
    Deleted.
  • [quote name='sandysantra' timestamp='1315992063' post='48821']

You wrote: "be sure that 1P Agent is NOT running around and that it isn't being called from your ~/library/launch services folder. You should only have 1P.app and 1P Helper running in Activity Monitor"

How do I do this?

[/quote]

The following terminal command will kill the agent

[color=#000000]launchctl unload [/color][color=#666600]~[/color][color=#008800]/Library/[/color][color=#660066]LaunchAgents[/color][color=#666600]/[/color][color=#000000]ws[/color][color=#666600].[/color][color=#000000]agile[/color][color=#666600].[/color][color=#006666]1PasswordAgent[/color][color=#666600].[/color][color=#000000]plist[/color]

However, you will still need to go into that folder and throw out the plist because it will just launch the agent again upon next boot if you don't.

While the 3.9 is, I'm told, supposed to clean up after itself upon install, I did not find this to be the case in that both this launch plist and the actual agent (found in application support) are both left intact after installing MAS 3.9.

FWIW, I've left all the Application Support files including the 1passwordagent.app alone in the application support folder...just in case...but that's me. The key thing is to be sure your system is not launching that agent via the launch services plist file upon reboot.

Hope this helps...

To your other questions...if you were not connected to the Internet, I don't see how your cloud dropbox version of the 1P database could be affected. The 1P agent (if you didn't unload it via the above) or the 1P helper might have done something to the local version of your 1P database and then once you connected to the internet, dropbox would have propagated those changes. Unfortunately, that only accounts for the "how" it might happen. I have no idea "why" such corruption might occur...it's not something experienced widely by others...which is no consolation to you.

You may have an actual corruption in dropbox...I'd suggest completely trashing dropbox on your Macs including it's hidden directory (instructions can be found on Dropbox site) and start fresh. Unlink the Macs from Dropbox first...just to be safe. The unlink option can be found under the Dropbox preferences. Also be sure you are running version 1.4.5. 1.4 is the first version compatible with Lion and 2.x is not yet a stable build.
  • I have 3.9 up and running, with Dropbox, with my agilekeychain located inside a folder in Dropbox, and with everything properly synchronizing with my iOS devices (that are running iOS 5 BTW). Check out [url="http://accio.me/mTw9w2"]this thread[/url] to find out how.
This discussion has been closed.