This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Login previews and download icons removal

thightower
thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
edited December 1969 in Mac
I just went through and removed all my previews and etc. I think I honestly prefer the current way rather than what I had left over from way back when. (I know I am behind the time I was holding out) (giggle)

Good job guys.

However I would like to point out that in the pref panel the title says "Login Previews" and the button says "Remove Previews"

the is only a brief notation of remove download icons which is in itself a little misleading because someone would possibly interpret this to mean the touch icons etc for site.

They may not indeed catch that this removes the software icons, (I was bitten by this). So I would like to say maybe add a separate button for this and separate the process to avoid such confusion. (Back to adding non installed apps icons)

Also I love the fact that now, all I have to do is download the .dmg and 1P will find the icon from within the downloads folder and I dont actually have to install it.

Another Great Job.

I am sure that this is a little harder than many would think because I am sure the button just removes the contents of the a folder. or a portion of it, But if the data were in a separate folder problem solved. Anyway just my notation I dont think I ll be removing the data any time in the future (again) But It shoud be put on the list of fixs IMHO.

Thanks for listening.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='thightower']I just went through and removed all my previews and etc. I think I honestly prefer the current way rather than what I had left over from way back when. (I know I am behind the time I was holding out) (giggle)

Good job guys.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tommy! It really does work well

[QUOTE]However I would like to point out that in the pref panel the title says "Login Previews" and the button says "Remove Previews"

the is only a brief notation of remove download icons which is in itself a little misleading because someone would possibly interpret this to mean the touch icons etc for site.

They may not indeed catch that this removes the software icons, (I was bitten by this). So I would like to say maybe add a separate button for this and separate the process to avoid such confusion. (Back to adding non installed apps icons)[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes that's a very good point, I'll mention it to the team and see if there's something we can do about this, we really don't want people getting confused when they hit this and every icon gets wiped.

[QUOTE]Also I love the fact that now, all I have to do is download the .dmg and 1P will find the icon from within the downloads folder and I dont actually have to install it.

Another Great Job.[/QUOTE]

Wow, hadn't noticed that! Very handy

[QUOTE]I am sure that this is a little harder than many would think because I am sure the button just removes the contents of the a folder. or a portion of it, But if the data were in a separate folder problem solved. Anyway just my notation I dont think I ll be removing the data any time in the future (again) But It shoud be put on the list of fixs IMHO.

Thanks for listening.[/QUOTE]

No worries, I think we're on the same page here :-)
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='thightower']However I would like to point out that in the pref panel the title says "Login Previews" and the button says "Remove Previews"

They may not indeed catch that this removes the software icons, (I was bitten by this). So I would like to say maybe add a separate button for this and separate the process to avoid such confusion. (Back to adding non installed apps icons)[/QUOTE]

Exactly! :-) I did the exact same thing the other day and was disappointed to find that all my SL icons were gone. I just reported this as an issue internally yesterday or the day before on my own, so it was interesting to see this thread here. I did the same thing too for non-installed apps, just downloaded them to grab their icon and then trashed them. :-)