This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Suggestion History of previous passwords

wcf3
wcf3 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
It would be nice if there was a way to see a list of previous passwords. I find myself not saving a new password until after I verify that the change took effect. If I could see the previous password(s) I wouldn't be doing this anymore.

Just an idea,

Chuck

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    This is technically supposed to happen automatically, but it appears to not work for some sites. See [URL="http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/change_password.html"]this article[/URL] for how it is [b]supposed[/b] to work. For many sites, it does work just fine, but we've heard reports that it doesn't for some sites.
  • wcf3
    wcf3 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Wow, I've never noticed that before. I only have a few logins that have a history, maybe 5 to 10 of 240 total.

Does the history only save the last one? None of mine have more than a single history line where I know it should have many.

Chuck
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='wcf3']Wow, I've never noticed that before. I only have a few logins that have a history, maybe 5 to 10 of 240 total.

Does the history only save the last one? None of mine have more than a single history line where I know it should have many.[/QUOTE]

No, the history will save more than one when it is working correctly. Try changing your password on one of those that has one item in password history. You may wish to duplicate the item first, to keep from losing data, just in case. Please let me know what you find.

My Facebook login has two passwords in its password history, and those are the only other two passwords I've had. You will know if the previous password has been saved in history if the window pops up asking you to Update your Login, not replace it or create a new one. See that article I linked to for a screenshot of the Update Login window.