This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Help me be more efficient in 1Password - general questions

hexley
hexley Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Sometimes, certain sites do not work with the "Autosubmit Logins" feature turned on. I take the following steps:

[LIST=1]

[*]Click on the 1P button in my Safari ToolBar

[*]Uncheck the "Autosubmit Logins"

[*]Use command-\ to have autofill of my username and password

[*]Restore the "Autosubmit Logins" setting back to enabled.

[/LIST]

I am looking for a way to reduce the above steps. It happens often enough I would like to have an alterate key. I would use command-\ for normal use, and command-control-\ or some other definable set of keys to login without Autosubmit

Next up, is there are times when I need to just get my username, password, or some other bit of data out of a 1Password record. I may need to know which email address I used to create the account, which may be different that the login/username.

Currently I have to:

[LIST=1]

[*]Open 1Password

[*]Perform a find, locate the record

[*]Copy the data

[*]Move back to my original context

[/LIST]

Are there any options for speeding that process up? If 1Password would make a way for LaunchBar to access record data, for me, that would solve it, as anything within the list result is copyable. This could be a problematic task as there are security issues to think about.

Thanks for any tips.

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='hexley']Sometimes, certain sites do not work with the "Autosubmit Logins" feature turned on. I take the following steps:

[LIST=1]

[*]Click on the 1P button in my Safari ToolBar

[*]Uncheck the "Autosubmit Logins"

[*]Use command-\ to have autofill of my username and password

[*]Restore the "Autosubmit Logins" setting back to enabled.

[/LIST]

I am looking for a way to reduce the above steps. It happens often enough I would like to have an alterate key. I would use command-\ for normal use, and command-control-\ or some other definable set of keys to login without Autosubmit[/QUOTE]

You can disable autosubmit on a per-login basis if you wish. In Safari, click the 1P button and hold Shift while you click on your Login to edit it. At the bottom of the Login, change the value for Submit to "Never." Alternatively, if it is a one-time thing, you can just go to the 1P menu, hold option, and select your login to only fill it. That would be faster than disabling Autosubmit, then using the keyboard shortcut, then re-enabling Autosubmit.

[quote name='hexley']Next up, is there are times when I need to just get my username, password, or some other bit of data out of a 1Password record. I may need to know which email address I used to create the account, which may be different that the login/username.

Currently I have to:

[LIST=1]

[*]Open 1Password

[*]Copy the data

[/LIST]

Are there any options for speeding that process up? If 1Password would make a way for LaunchBar to access record data, for me, that would solve it, as anything within the list result is copyable. This could be a problematic task as there are security issues to think about.

Thanks for any tips.[/QUOTE]

Currently, unless you are in a browser, that is the only way to access your 1Password data. We are looking to provide faster system-wide access to 1Password data in the future, but there is no definite timeframe for that to be implemented. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you at this time.
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='hexley']Next up, is there are times when I need to just get my username, password, or some other bit of data out of a 1Password record. I may need to know which email address I used to create the account, which may be different that the login/username.

Currently I have to:

[LIST=1]

[*]Open 1Password

[*]Copy the data

[/LIST]

Are there any options for speeding that process up? [/QUOTE]

If the item in question is a login item, then yes, there is a way to speed up the process: Holding down the shift key while viewing your Fill Login menu will cause the word "Edit" to appear next to the login's name; clicking the item in this state will open it for editing in your web browser. You can view the information you need and exit without making any changes. If the item in question is of a different type, then yes, as Rob said, that's the only way to go about it right now.