This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

passepartout
passepartout Junior Member
edited July 2010 in Mac
On 3.2.5 and a few versions prior (on Leopard 10.5.8 ), 1Password does not always show the text content of fields when you mouse over them. I see the grey (gray) rounded rectangular box and the copy label/button, but no text. It is though the grey rectangle is drawn on top of the text. Then if I click on something else, such as the blue background to the url above and then mouse over the same content again, it shows up fine.

Playing around with it now, I think I know what might be causing it in a few cases at least. If you drag select the text, then mouse over the field, the text content does not appear. Deselect it by clicking in the search field and it appears as it should.

Can the notes field be made to offer the same one click to copy (that particular row) as the other fields do?

I use it to copy/paste other data 1Password cannot capture or enter and find that I have to double-click and copy manually each time. Either that or allow you to create other fields that did not exist on the original 'captured' webpage.

Thanks Agile

Passepartout

(David)

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    Hi David,

[quote name='passepartout']On 3.2.5 and a few versions prior (on Leopard 10.5.8 ), 1Password does not always show the text content of fields when you mouse over them. I see the grey (gray) rounded rectangular box and the copy label/button, but no text. It is though the grey rectangle is drawn on top of the text. Then if I click on something else, such as the blue background to the url above and then mouse over the same content again, it shows up fine.

Playing around with it now, I think I know what might be causing it in a few cases at least. If you drag select the text, then mouse over the field, the text content does not appear. Deselect it by clicking in the search field and it appears as it should.[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to reproduce this, though I am running Snow Leopard. Could you post screenshots or, even more helpful, a video of what you are seeing? I'll ask DBrown, who runs Leopard, to test this one.

[quote name='passepartout']Can the notes field be made to offer the same one click to copy (that particular row) as the other fields do?

I use it to copy/paste other data 1Password cannot capture or enter and find that I have to double-click and copy manually each time. Either that or allow you to create other fields that did not exist on the original 'captured' webpage.[/QUOTE]

I think we're going to have to go with your "or" option. :-) The Notes field is so customizable that a one-size-fits-all approach to automatic copying will not work. Eventually, we will introduce custom fields and that should work for you.

I hope that helps!