This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Safari v3.8.3.b3 extension not regenerating strong passwords properly

Hi,

Just installed the 3.8.3 beta 3 extension for Safari 5.1 on Snow Leopard and restarted Safari.

The strong password generator correctly displays a new password when invoked. It was set for random characters when I last used it, so it generated a new 32 character password.

Using the slider to set a new password length did not generate a new password. Clicking on the panel control reset the slider to the 32-character value and generated a 32 character password again.

Changing the slider value, selecting the "Pronounceable" checkbox, and then deselecting it, produced a random character password of the new length.

The troubleshooting report does not highlight any obvious problems with my configuration.

--

matt

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi Matt,

I apologize for the delay in replying.

In my testing I found that clicking in a different place on the slider does not generate a new password: the slider must actually be slid from its current location to the desired location. Are you seeing similar results?