This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

3.9 Bugs - Features removed ?

Hi,

I bought yesterday 1password from the Mac App store, I then bought the iphone app (normal one) but I wanted more integration with safari, I saw that it was possible with the pro version of the app to use a bookmarklet to connect directly from safari mobile, so I searched for an in-app purchase to upgrade to the pro version... I didn't found any, so I bought again the 1password app PRO version but what a surprise the bookmarklet option is not there anymore... i'm kind of disapointed since I bought 3 times the app and I can't get it working properly...

I don't even see the point of buying the pro app, except the fact that it works on iPad which i don't own.

More over there are quite some bugs with the browsers extension:

- The chrome one is not even working, it crashes when I enter my master password.

- Then in Firefox it works as expexted except that it doesn't always display the top bar after logging-into a website, and it's not synced properly with the desktop app and safari extension. If i save a password/login on firefox these changes are not saved into the desktop app neither into safari extension, and the opposite situation (from desktop/safari extension to firefox) it's the same, no way to sync properly with firefox.

Also if I change my master password from the desktop app, I still have to use the old one to log-into firefox extension.

Hope this helps, and I really hope you could find a solution to my first problem

Thanks

Comments

• Just a little bump...

If someone knows what I can do...
  • hmurchison
    hmurchison Junior Member
    The bookmark feature isn't in the MAS version because of a licensing issue with Blowfish.

Try the latest beta of the Chrome Extension ...I'm reading that the current stable version is anything but

stable on the MAS version.

FF continues to have issues but I believe i've read a fix is coming eventually to clear up issues there.

You can contact iTunes support and ask for a refund on the Pro version since you don't have an iPad it's a

redundant purchase.
  • Thanks for your reply!

So will it be ever possible to use 1password directly in safari mobile ? cause I find it very annoying to use 2 different browsers.

I'll try to ask iTunes support for a refund, thanks for the advice.
  • hmurchison
    hmurchison Junior Member
    You know baikum I really hope so but at this point I have read that Apple hasn't exposed external extensions or plugins to mobile Safari. I hope they eventually create the ability to install extension in mobile Safari so that bookmark lets wouldn't be needed. So far there's no hint of extension support in iOS 5 betas from what I have seen. I'll keep hope alive.