This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password Anywhere problem

socialhack
socialhack Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Hi there,

1password works great for me, I trust your concept and acknowledge all the effort you put into it.

One problem I have is to unlock 1password Anywhere. No matter on which machine, keyboard or version of the keychain I try to unlock it, it just wouldn't let me in.

I tried to export all passwords in encrypted web form and this works great, but I'd like to have the newest version without exporting it every time.

maybe someone has a clue.

thanx a lot.

/socialhack

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='socialhack']Hi there,

1password works great for me, I trust your concept and acknowledge all the effort you put into it.

One problem I have is to unlock 1password Anywhere. No matter on which machine, keyboard or version of the keychain I try to unlock it, it just wouldn't let me in.

I tried to export all passwords in encrypted web form and this works great, but I'd like to have the newest version without exporting it every time.

maybe someone has a clue.

thanx a lot.

/socialhack[/QUOTE]

Hi socialhack, and welcome to the forums!

Could you tell us which browser you are using? This is a strange problem, but we'd like to know what is causing it. Any other information you can give would be helpful.

Thanks!
  • socialhack
    socialhack Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I tried it on Firefox and Safari on Mac OSX 10.6.4 , Ubuntu 9.04 and Windows XP SP3.

The password for 1password anywhere should be the same I use to unlock it in the app, right?

I guess that my keychain is broken or I miss configured it anyhow.

The keychain was initialized on 1Password 3.
  • RobYoder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='socialhack']I tried it on Firefox and Safari on Mac OSX 10.6.4 , Ubuntu 9.04 and Windows XP SP3.

The password for 1password anywhere should be the same I use to unlock it in the app, right?

I guess that my keychain is broken or I miss configured it anyhow.

The keychain was initialized on 1Password 3.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the password is the same. When you try to unlock, does it tell you you have the wrong password or does it just do nothing? If it just does nothing, try the following:

1. Locate your 1Password.html file that you open to access 1PasswordAnywhere.

2. In the same place, find the folder named style and delete it.

3. Relaunch 1Password.

4. Go back and to 1Password.html and the style folder should be regenerated.

5. Open 1Password.html and try unlocking it.

Please let me know if that works for you.
  • socialhack
    socialhack Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    It is responding with: "Incorrect password" and the input box is shaking.

So it looks alright, but the password is correct, because I also copy&pasted it from the clipboard and in the 1password app it is working.
  • RobYoder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='socialhack']It is responding with: "Incorrect password" and the input box is shaking.

So it looks alright, but the password is correct, because I also copy&pasted it from the clipboard and in the 1password app it is working.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that is strange. Could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? This will help us track down the issue more quickly. You can generate the report from 1Password by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then sending the report to us at [email]support@agile.ws[/email] using Mail.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can 'connect the dots'.

Thanks!