This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Moving an item from a folder to a Vault - how?

I have just purchased the latest 1password from the MAS, and have all my imported items in one folder called "All", and all the items also show up in the "Logins" vault. Now, how do I move my items into different sub-vaults like Wallet, Logins etc?

I am not able to drag-drop or cut-paste them.

Please help.

Comments

• supermurph
    supermurph Junior Member
    Unless I'm misunderstanding, it sounds like you are importing an export or backup from your prior installation. You should just open the 1password.agilekeychain database file and everything will be as it was before. When I installed, it just opened up to everything as if I didn't install anything new. No import was required. My understanding is that 1Password will move that file to it's new location for sandboxing purposes if you were storing it on the computer, or it will leave it where it was if you were storing it on Dropbox.
  • No, I'm importing from Keepass. Thanks!

[quote name='supermurph' timestamp='1316152825' post='49504']

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it sounds like you are importing an export or backup from your prior installation. You should just open the 1password.agilekeychain database file and everything will be as it was before. When I installed, it just opened up to everything as if I didn't install anything new. No import was required. My understanding is that 1Password will move that file to it's new location for sandboxing purposes if you were storing it on the computer, or it will leave it where it was if you were storing it on Dropbox.

[/quote]
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Think of vaults like file types (i.e., Pages vs Keynote files). Every item in 1Password has a vault ("file type") associated with it. It isn't possible to change the vault. You can create a new item of a different vault type, and copy any relevant details over, but as each vault type requires very different fields in most cases, it isn't possible to just drag and drop between vaults.

Folders are simply a method of organization, and so it is very easy (drag and drop) to move items around between folders. Please do note however that there is currently a bug with folders that will be fixed in the next release (very soon, I hope). Until that is fixed you may have difficulties removing items from 1Password once they are there (they may reappear).
  • Ah! Understood.

Thanks for your help!

[quote name='bwoodruff' timestamp='1316194513' post='49608']

Think of vaults like file types (i.e., Pages vs Keynote files). Every item in 1Password has a vault ("file type") associated with it. It isn't possible to change the vault. You can create a new item of a different vault type, and copy any relevant details over, but as each vault type requires very different fields in most cases, it isn't possible to just drag and drop between vaults.

Folders are simply a method of organization, and so it is very easy (drag and drop) to move items around between folders. Please do note however that there is currently a bug with folders that will be fixed in the next release (very soon, I hope). Until that is fixed you may have difficulties removing items from 1Password once they are there (they may reappear).

[/quote]