This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

What's the future for Snow Leopard users of 1P (who don't want to 'upgrade' to Lion)

IainF
IainF Junior Member
Hi,

Currently there is nothing in Lion that makes me want to upgrade and the grumbles that I hear here and there further discourage me.

So my question is: how long will AgileBits support 1Password 3.8 for this 'obsolete' operating system, (I guess that separate small browser extensions should make this easier, though currently neither Safari or Firefox extensions seem to work for me...)

Cheers

Iain

Comments

• hmurchison
    hmurchison Junior Member
    There's a reason why the Mac App Store version is 3.9. It gives Agile the flexibility to deliver continual updates to the Snow Leopard version

so currently we're at 3.8.5 but future updates could be

Giving room to add features and fixes.

As for Lion you may want to wait until 10.7.2 is finalized. That version will be the first with iCloud for syncing and this is going to be huge. I believe iClouds impact will over shadow any other feature in Lion and I view Lion as a substantial upgrade without having iCloud support yet.
  • danco
    danco Senior Member
    And, since the numbers are references, not decimal points, there's nothing to prevent a 3.8.10 version
  • IainF
    IainF Junior Member
    Hi,

appreciate the answers and I understand that there is (infinite) room numerically for further updates to 3.8, but my question to AgileBits is will they continue to provide updates for 3.8 and if so, for how long?

Cheers

Iain
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    We do still have updates planned for 3.8.x, but of course Lion is the future. You can stay on Snow Leopard and 3.8.x indefinitely, we aren't taking that away, but at some point in the future the only fixes that will be provided for it are security fixes (which is also true of updates from Apple).