This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Problem with 2Gb usb thumb drive: photos don't appear on tv set

supertomaat
supertomaat Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
Hello

I used the "reformat a volume as an encrypted vault" function to protect a 2Gb usb stick.

But sometimes I use it to view photos on my tv set. Of course the set couldn't access the stick, so I had to delete the Knox vault.

The problem is, since then, the drive is not recognized anymore, not by the tv set and not by my Oppo Blu-ray disc player.

Things I already did, with disk utility: verify/repair disk; erase & reformat (Mac OS journalized, MS-DOS FAT).

I tried with another thumb drive and encountered no problems with watching the foto's on my tv set and via the Oppo BD player.

I use a Macbook Pro 2,16GHz / 3Gb RAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.4.

Thanks in advance

Yannick

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='supertomaat']Hello

I used the "reformat a volume as an encrypted vault" function to protect a 2Gb usb stick.

But sometimes I use it to view photos on my tv set. Of course the set couldn't access the stick, so I had to delete the Knox vault.

The problem is, since then, the drive is not recognized anymore, not by the tv set and not by my Oppo Blu-ray disc player.

Things I already did, with disk utility: verify/repair disk; erase & reformat (Mac OS journalized, MS-DOS FAT).

I tried with another thumb drive and encountered no problems with watching the foto's on my tv set and via the Oppo BD player.

Thanks in advance

Yannick[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums, Yannick!

When you used Disk Utility to "erase & reformat", what did you select in the sidebar? Could you please take a screenshot of the devices that Disk Utility shows you when that USB stick is inserted so we can see the problem? You can take a screenshot by pressing ⌘⇧3. This will take a picture of your screen and save it to your Desktop. You can then either add it as an attachment to this forum post if it doesn't show anything "sensitive", or send the picture to us at [email]support@agile.ws[/email] using Mail.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can 'connect the dots'.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='supertomaat']Hello

Thanks in advance

Yannick[/QUOTE]

Hi Yannick, welcome to the forums.

Your USB drive need to be formatted as MS-DOS fat32 with MBR partition table and this has to be done via Partition tab, not Erase. Erase will erase the content of the drive but not the partition table. Go to Partition table, setup the partitions, format them as fat32 and click options on the bottom to format it with Master Boot Records.

This should work.
  • supertomaat
    supertomaat Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Dear Marty, Mike

Thanks for the quick replies. Mike's solution worked well and the problem is solved. I learnt something today!

I've added a screenshot of the newly partitioned drive.

Thanks again!

Yannick
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Yannick,

That's great news, glad to hear Mike's solution got everything taken care of for you.