This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password for Android Arrives! Screenshots and Setup Instructions

dteare
dteare Agile Founder
edited July 2010 in Android
1Password for Android is here!! (party) (clap) (party)

[img]http://aws.cachefly.net/1Password_droid/androids.png[/img]

Many passionate Android users have been wanting to take their 1Password data with them on their Android device and we are really excited to announce that this is now possible with 1Password for Android!

Please read on for screenshots and setup instructions.

[b]Requirements[/b]

1Password for Android requires a device running Android 2.1 or later. You will also require enough free space on your SD card to copy over your 1Password data; details below.

[b]Screenshots[/b]

[img]http://aws.cachefly.net/1Password_droid/screenshots/AndroidScreenShotsBeta1.png[/img]

[b]Installation Instructions[/b]

1Password for Android can be installed from the Android Market Place. Below are detailed instructions if you have never used the Market before. If you are experienced with installing applications, feel free to skip ahead to the [i]Setup Instructions[/i] section.

[i]Download from Market Instructions[/i]

[list=1]

[*] Find the Market application icon ([url=http://aws.cachefly.net/1Password_droid/setup/1_ChooseMarketApp.jpg]shown here[/url]) on your Android phone and launch it.

[*] On market Main Page select search button located in the top right corner, as [url=http://aws.cachefly.net/1Password_droid/setup/2_MarketMainPage.jpg]shown here[/url].

[*] Type 1Password into the search box, as [url=http://aws.cachefly.net/1Password_droid/setup/3_MarketSearch.png]shown here[/url]. When you will see 1Password application choose it.

[*] You should see the 1Password application details, as [url=http://aws.cachefly.net/1Password_droid/setup/6_1passFoundBeforeInstall.png]shown here[/url]. Select Install to begin the installation process.

[*] The Market will take care of all the installation details and [url=http://aws.cachefly.net/1Password_droid/setup/8_AppVisible.png]1Password will be added to your phone's screen[/url].

[/list]

Now that 1Password is installed on your phone, you need to copy over your 1Password data. Here are the details on how to do this:

[i]Setup Instructions[/i]

[list="1"]

[*] Find your 1Password data file:

[list="*"][*] On Mac, the default location is [i]Home >> Library >> Application Support >> 1Password >> 1Password.agilekeychain[/i]. You can look in 1Password > Preferences > General to see your Data File Location.

[*] If you are using the Windows Beta, your 1Password.agilekeychain is likely stored in your DropBox folder.

[/list]

[*] Copy the 1Password.agilekeychain folder to the root directory / top level of your phone's SD card. You can either connect your phone through a USB cable or your SD card clot if you are lucky enough to have a new Mac with one of these.

[/list]

That's it! You can now launch 1Password on your droid and you should be presented with the unlock screen. Enter the same Master Password that you used on the Desktop and you will be able to unlock 1Password and view all your data.

Enjoy!

Comments

• trs21219
    trs21219 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    You guys are awesome!
  • iwrigley
    iwrigley Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Well that's it, then. My decision is made -- I'm moving to Android from iPhone. I've been debating it for a while, and this announcement is the push I needed. Thanks!
  • lasombra
    lasombra Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Love you guys!!!
  • rickhuizinga
    rickhuizinga Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thank you! This is perfect timing as I just switched to Android last week after selling my iPhone 4.

I'm going to download this right away, and am hoping that wireless sync is in the development roadmap.
  • gregramsaran
    gregramsaran Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    SWEET!! Can I use my DropBox sync for this?
  • Gumz
    Gumz Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Awesome v1!

Just some feedback based on my initial encounter.

1) Passcode instead of Password is easier on a mobile device, its a pain to type my complex password on any phone keyboard

2) I have dropbox installed on my android, couldn't i just point the 1Password app at the keychain file? i.e.: /sdcard/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

3) Is auto site login planned? (i haven't tested this far)

Glad you guys decided to develop for the Android platform, i am a VERY happy camper!

Thanks a ton!
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited July 2010
    Hi everyone, welcome to the forums! We appreciate all the encouragement!

[quote name='gregramsaran']SWEET!! Can I use my DropBox sync for this?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, not at this time. We may improve this in the future.

[quote name='Gumz']1) Passcode instead of Password is easier on a mobile device, its a pain to type my complex password on any phone keyboard

2) I have dropbox installed on my android, couldn't i just point the 1Password app at the keychain file? i.e.: /sdcard/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

3) Is auto site login planned? (i haven't tested this far)[/QUOTE]

1) Good suggestion. That is how we handle iPhone login currently.

2&3) We will definitely look into bringing feature parity up in the future. Thanks for your interest!

Thanks again, everyone, for the kind words and feedback. Remember this is still a beta product, so stay tuned!
  • RobYoder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='m0zes']Awesome! I have been missing 1Password since the first Android phone was released.

On a side note, I have just installed and enter my master password. It waits for a while, no doubt decrypting everything to memory, it shows a few of my items, then force closes. Here is the log I was able to grab:

A wonderful start, and I am looking forward to a better integrated syncing solution. Thanks for your hard work.

Phone: T-Mobile G1, Running Android 2.1[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the report, m0zes. We appreciate any help you can give to improve the app.
  • mangochutney
    mangochutney Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I wanted to chime in and say three things:

[LIST=1]

[*]Congratulations on the release!

[*]Good for you!

[*]I'm not even slightly tempted to switch to Android for my mobile computing needs, but if I were, this announcement would push me over the edge. The Android Marketplace just gained a star in you.

[/LIST]
  • RobYoder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='mangochutney']I wanted to chime in and say three things:

[LIST=1]

[*]Congratulations on the release!

[*]Good for you!

[*]I'm not even slightly tempted to switch to Android for my mobile computing needs, but if I were, this announcement would push me over the edge. The Android Marketplace just gained a star in you.

[/LIST][/QUOTE]

Thanks so much, mangochutney!
  • awest
    awest Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    1Password team - thank you so, so, so much for /listening/ to your customer base. I was disappointed a few months ago when users (including myself) were practically begging for an Android version of 1Password. While I believed your response that not enough Android users were present to warrant the dev time, I still wished you would've spent time on it.

Then today, you announce the 1Password for Android beta. I couldn't be more pleased and I'm so happy I'll be able to manually copy my agile keychain to my Android SD card. While this is a manual (for now) process I'm perfectly okay with that. I know you guys will work hard on additional features and upgrades to make things more usable.

So, thank you for listening to us and for continuing to build awesome products.

-Aaron
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Aaron,

Thank you so much for the kind words, 1Password for Android is a great start. Dave encouraged me and some of the team to go out and get Android devices, so today I picked up a new HTC Wildfire and I'm playing with the app as we speak, I'm going to try to help as much as possible with any issues that come up and as an iPhone fan it's going to be a lot of fun seeing how the two compare over more than just a few minutes of playing with a friends device.
  • wernotw
    wernotw Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Any plans to have it work with a given web app for auto logins?
  • RobYoder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='wernotw']Any plans to have it work with a given web app for auto logins?[/QUOTE]

We would love to integrate with browsers in the future, and we will definitely explore our options.

Thanks!
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='gregramsaran']SWEET!! Can I use my DropBox sync for this?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. We're investigating how to do this and will post details on the [url=http://blog.agile.ws]blog[/url] and here in the forum once it is available.
This discussion has been closed.