This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Does 1Password capture all shortcut ⌘\ keypresses globally?

rmm5t
rmm5t Junior Member
I use the standard shortcut for all my browsers (⌘\) to autofill forms, but it appears that 1Password recently started to intercept this shortcut for all applications, regardless of whether the application is a browser or not. Is this true? If so, it's causing me grief with some applications, specifically Emacs, where the shortcut has a different meaning.

Is it possible for me to keep the old 1Password behavior where ⌘\ was only bound to browsers?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi mm5t,

The behavior you are seeing is expected. Unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to revert to the previous behavior, but you can change the keyboard shortcut to something else in the 1Password preferences.
  • rmm5t
    rmm5t Junior Member
    That's the problem. I shouldn't have to change the keyboard shortcut to something else in the 1Password prefs. I've been using 1Password since its inception and have ⌘\ completely bound to muscle memory at this point.

If the keyboard shortcut isn't going to be limited to just browsers, can we at least have an option of supplying a set of applications where the global keyboard shortcut is passed through to the underlying application?
  • Thank you for the feedback, rmm5t! I don't know what sort of technical constraints we're dealing with, but I'll pass your comments along to our developers.