This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Bulk change of security settings?

bpwhistler
bpwhistler Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I want to set a bunch (I have over a thousand) of passwords to "low security" so that I only have to enter my 4 digit PIN to access them on my iPhone. Is there a way to easily do this...or do I have to go through and set each one individually?

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='bpwhistler']I want to set a bunch (I have over a thousand) of passwords to "low security" so that I only have to enter my 4 digit PIN to access them on my iPhone. Is there a way to easily do this...or do I have to go through and set each one individually?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it is not possible at this time. Wow, over a thousand passwords?! I'm really sorry about that. If you would rather not change them all right now and you're not picky about security, you could technically change your master password to be the same four digit code as your unlock code. The only problem is that 1) that change will affect every high-security item and 2) you still have to enter your code twice, but at least it's not a hard password to enter.

I hope that helps. Just so you know, this has been heavily requested both from people who want to make everything low-security and from people who want total security over everything. We are planning to add this in the future, but I don't have a definite timescale for that to be finished.

Thanks for your support!
  • any word on getting this feature yet?
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    I know this is still being discussed, but it has obviously not yet been included.

We've been busy with Google Chrome support, Dropbox syncing, Android support, and Windows Phone 7 support. Adding support for bulk- or mass-editing requires quite a bit of design and code work, but we are looking forward to providing it eventually. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you at this time, but we have not forgotten about this!
  • Netmammal
    Netmammal Junior Member
    I too have a large number of login passwords (over 300). After reading the excellent on-line book you gave us access to, I glommed onto the difference between passwords I really don't want anyone learning (bank accounts, paypal, ebay etc.) and run-of-the mill web forum logins. It would be really nice to go in and change the ones I want to be low-level ones quickly.

Here is a suggestion for implementing this feature quickly:

Add a check-box to the pop-up window I have to type my main password into when unlocking 1password to release the stored username/password. If I go and check the [b]"make this low security"[/b] check-box, after I type in the password correctly, 1password will change the security level of that one record from high to low. Since I would guess that I only regularly use 10-15 of those 300 logins, this would at least quickly 'fix' the ones I use all of the time, and over time, I will convert the highs to lows that need converting.

Does that make the implementation easier?

-Dave
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thanks for the suggestion, Dave!