This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Suggestion Localisation request: Correct terminology for UK bank accounts

jsm
jsm Junior Member
edited July 2010 in Mac
Hi,

1password's default fields for a Bank Account might make sense to users in the USA, but they look pretty alien to us Brits.

I think the correct localisation would be as follows:

US: Checking - [B]UK: Current[/B]

US: Line of credit - [B]UK: Loan[/B]

US: ATM - [B]UK: ATM[/B]

US: Money Market - (I have no idea what this is!)

US: Routing number - [B]UK: Sort code[/B]

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just realised that this duplicates a thread a mere 3 lines below this one. Not sure how to delete or merge!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi JSM,

No need to worry about deleting or merging the thread, I'll give you a response from a fellow UK users point of view, as I share these frustrations. What we're working on right now is allowing users to customise the item templates, and while there is still a lot of work to to be done on this we hope to have it available in a future update. We think that this is the better option than just adding new templates, as if we added a template for all the different national variations of banking details etc we'd soon clog 1Password with templates that users wouldn't find relevant.

Hope that makes sense,
  • lostinmysphere
    lostinmysphere Junior Member
    Has anything ever moved forward with this?
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    Not much, unfortunately. We've got some features brewing, but custom item types will likely take a little while longer. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now.