This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

HTC Incredible force quit

mes2art
mes2art Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Android
I haven't gotten past "enter password" box. I get "validating" and then "force quit." HTC Incredible on Verizon, Android 2.1

Comments

• dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums mes2art!

[quote name='mes2art']I haven't gotten past "enter password" box. I get "validating" and then "force quit." HTC Incredible on Verizon, Android 2.1[/QUOTE]

We've had a few reports of this now. We're not sure of the cause yet but are investigating and hope to have an update soon.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited December 1969
    Hi mes2art,

This is Gene 1Password for Android developer.

Several users reported an application crash on Incredible I am investigating the issue right now.

Could you tell me if the problem happens every time you are trying to launch the app or happens sporadically ?

How much time it takes until Login dialog appears on the screen ? What happens if you enter an invalid password ?

This info will help me a lot to identity the problem.

Thank you in advance,

Gene

Android Developer
  • cuestakid
    cuestakid Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I am having a different issue. I loaded the keychain onto the SD card but I cannot get passed the loading screen to even log-in.

Is anyone else having this issue?
  • jlue
    jlue Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    First let me say I am SO excited to have 1 password on my Android phone! However, when I loaded it today, when I get to the main log in page, after I enter my password I get an error message saying "The application com.onepassword.passwordmanager (process com.onepassword.passwordmanager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. And I have to click a Force close button.

I'm sure these glitches will get worked out soon.
  • esquilax
    esquilax Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I'm experiencing the crash too. It happens every time.

cuestakid: I'd make sure you have the keychain on the SD card and not the phone memory, and also make sure it's called "1Password.agilekeychain" and nothing else. I had to rename mine because it was named after my account username.
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums jlue!

[quote name='jlue']First let me say I am SO excited to have 1 password on my Android phone![/quote]

Thanks!

[quote name='jlue']However, when I loaded it today, when I get to the main log in page, after I enter my password I get an error message saying "The application com.onepassword.passwordmanager (process com.onepassword.passwordmanager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. And I have to click a Force close button. [/QUOTE]

Thank you for the report. We're trying to solve this issue and get an update into the store asap. It is not happening on any of our devices so at the moment we're suspecting it is something unique about the hardware.

Perhaps you are running low on memory; how many items do you have in your data file? Another post in this forum mentioned it could be a memory limitation and rebooting the phone fixed the issue. Please try that as well.
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    I merged esquilax's question into this post as they all seem similar. Please try the reboot suggestion I recommended to esquilax and also share the # of items in your data file as that might provide a clue.
  • cuestakid
    cuestakid Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    [quote name='esquilax']I'm experiencing the crash too. It happens every time.

cuestakid: I'd make sure you have the keychain on the SD card and not the phone memory, and also make sure it's called "1Password.agilekeychain" and nothing else. I had to rename mine because it was named after my account username.[/QUOTE]

I will double check both but that I put it on the SD card(the 8GB storage device that appears in Windows Explorer or the Finder)

EDIT-did that same result-I palced in inside both the android folder on the SD card as well. Could someone possibly post a pic of where exactly the folder should be
  • rockytheactor
    rockytheactor Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I am having the same problem with my HTC Incredible. It happens every time (force quit). The login dialog appears within a second or two. If I type in an incorrect password the screen shakes "no". When I input the correct password is grinds for a few seconds then I get the force quit screen. Could the HTC "Sense" layer have something to do with it?

Thanks Gene, I'm really looking forward to using this on my Dinc.

Rocky

Running 1password on a Mac Pro, Macbook Pro and iPad (just gave up my iPhone 3GS for the Dinc)
  • jlue
    jlue Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Maybe I am putting the keychain in the wrong place on my SD card? I have rebooted. I am using a 16 GB SD card, and in the data file there are only 3 items.
  • jlue
    jlue Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Today's update FIXED my problem!!! Thank you guys SO much!!!!!! What service!!!!!!!
  • jlue
    jlue Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Today's update FIXED my problem!!! Thank you guys so much, what service!!![/COLOR]
  • rockytheactor
    rockytheactor Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Yep, my is fixed too. Great job guys!
  • cuestakid
    cuestakid Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    I think my 1password keychain hates me. After I downloaded the second beta, I am NOW experiencing constant crashes.

Maybe its a sign....

Could someone post some screenshots of how to install the keychain onto the SD card? I really dont know what else is wrong-the keychain has not been re-named or anything.

EDIT-re-downloading beta 3

working now

FANTASTIC JOB GUYS!!
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited December 1969
    Hi everyone,

I am VERY GLAD to hear from you that the latest update fixed this terrible crash some users experienced on their phones !

My Nexus G4 which I use for development turned out to be very crash-proof but some other phones are quite different.

Please report any additional issues with 1Password you may encounter so I can address them.

Integration with Dropbox is our top priority we are working close with Dropbox team on it, there are some issues with the integration we need to address.

Please stay tuned for the updates !

Best Regards

Gene

Android Developer