This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Invalid Data File error after reinstalling OS X

mobass
mobass Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Hi, I was experiencing slowness in OS X so I decided to format and reinstall the OS. I made sure to export my data before the format by clicking Export All -> 1 Password Interchange File.

Now that I have reformatted and installed 1Password I'm getting an error message at the initial prompt to load an existing data file that says: Invalid Data File.

I think the issue might have to do with the fact that I have a fresh OS X Keychain (nothing in it due to format) but I'm not sure. When I click File -> Unlock 1password I get an error because I haven't set a new password since the format.

Please help!

Thanks,

Sean

Comments

• mobass
    mobass Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Never mind, I think I figured it out. I copied my backed up user/Library/Application Support/1Password folder into the current version of that folder and it seems to be working now!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi mobass,

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry we weren't able to reply to you sooner but I'm glad to hear you're up and running again.
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='mobass']Hi, I was experiencing slowness in OS X so I decided to format and reinstall the OS. I made sure to export my data before the format by clicking Export All -> 1 Password Interchange File.

Now that I have reformatted and installed 1Password I'm getting an error message at the initial prompt to load an existing data file that says: Invalid Data File.

I think the issue might have to do with the fact that I have a fresh OS X Keychain (nothing in it due to format) but I'm not sure. When I click File -> Unlock 1password I get an error because I haven't set a new password since the format.

Please help!

Thanks,

Sean[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mobass']Never mind, I think I figured it out. I copied my backed up user/Library/Application Support/1Password folder into the current version of that folder and it seems to be working now![/QUOTE]

What you exported is an interchange file, which means that you can import it, but you can't use it as a data file. The reason that moving your backed up 1Password folder to Application Support worked is that your data file is stored within the 1Password folder. It is called 1Password.agilekeychain.

I know that you are set up now, but I thought that you might want to know that for future reference.

Thanks, and like Stu said, welcome to the forums!