This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Trial run-rooted Droid

aural404
aural404 Junior Member
edited July 2010 in Android
Hello, folks

Let me begin by once again thanking everybody involved for doing this. I've been a 1Password and Agile fan for ages, have it on all my Macs and iPod Touch, and this was really the icing on the cake. I just installed it and took it for a test run, and here are the initial results.

[B][U]The Phone[/U][/B]

[LIST]

[*]Motorola Droid

[*]Rooted

[*]Kangerade V4.0.3 ROM (Froyo source code)

[*]P3 1000 LV Froyo Kernel

[/LIST]

[B][U]1Password Setup at home[/U][/B]

[LIST]

[*]Running on a Macbook and iMac

[*]Synced using Dropbox

[/LIST]

[B][U]Misc Android apps relevant to what we're talking about here[/U][/B]

[LIST]

[*]Astro (file manager)

[*]Titanium (application backup)

[*]Appbrain (application management via a web client)

[*]Android Dropbox

[/LIST]

[B][U]Initial impressions and experience[/U][/B]

[LIST]

[*]Installation went fine after I got the entire directory onto the SD card. I originally tried to use the Android Dropbox app to move the keychain onto the SD, but as it is a directory, and Android Dropbox does not support moving or syncing directories, I had to break down and move the file via USB from my laptop.

[*]Launching the app and entering the password worked fine. I opened and closed it several times and had no instability or force closes. Everything was stable and solid.

[*]Every single entry in my 1Password file was displayed in a single list. This meant that Secure Notes and Software Licenses were intersperced with my logins. This made the navigation a little clunky (but, no worries, I understand that's what betas are for). I did appreciate the fact that different icons were used for the different types of entries.

[*]I noticed that various revisions of logins were also displayed. For example, I saw multiple entries for a certain website, and realized that these were essentiall "revisions" of the same login. Unfortunately, there was no time or date stamp or any other way to tell which was the most current.

[*]The search function was clean and efficient, worked great.

[*]Pressing the Back button successfully exited and locked the app, but pressing the Home button or letting the phone go to sleep did not. After waking the phone from sleep or selecting the app after pressing the Home button, I was right back into all of my passwords and logins.

[/LIST]

[B][U]Comments/wish list[/U][/B]

I know this is in its very early stages and you guys have just begun to work your dev magic on it, but I would offer a couple of comments on what I would consider high priority features:

[LIST]

[*]Functionality similar to iPhone app

[*]Multi-tiered security for different items (passcode/master password)

[*]Tabs for item organization (logins, notes, etc)

[*]Direct opening of links from the app (click the URL, the browser opens the link).

[*]Some kind of sync/update (perhaps Dropbox, or perhaps using something like Chrome to Phone in the case of Froyo builds)

[/LIST]

I think (hope) you guys will actually find a bit more flexibility in Android land vs. Apple land (don't get me wrong, I love me some Apple), and that will allow you to provide an experience that is a bit closer to what it is on a computer (not quite, but closer).

I hope this helps, let us know what else we can do or test to help you out, and thanks again for the hard work and app!

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited December 1969
    Hi aural404

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback, it is incredibly useful for us.

Of course, this is a Pilot release, much more features are coming in future releases which will follow closely (nice-looking tabs, application settings, dropbox sync etc....) so please stay tuned !

You opinion is very important for us, it encourages our team to keep making 1Password even better!

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer