This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1P, Dropbox and conflicted copy files

face
face Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Hi,

i used 1P and Dropbox.

Now i see tons of conflicted files copy.

May i surely delete these files ?

Or there's risk to delete some precious data informations ?

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='face']Hi,

i used 1P and Dropbox.

Now i see tons of conflicted files copy.

May i surely delete these files ?

Or there's risk to delete some precious data informations ?[/QUOTE]

Hello face,

Could you walk us through the steps you took with 1Password and Dropbox? You should not get conflicted copies just by using Dropbox. If they are duplicates, however, feel free to delete them. Make sure that you already have all of the correct information in another item, first.

Please let us know.
  • face
    face Member
    edited December 1969
    I simply install 1Password in a shared folder in dropbox.

After about 1 year i see that many files are named 'conflicted copy of ...'

i see other threads here, in this forum, about that Dropbox problem.

1 Password read these conflicted copy or simply ignored them ?

How to know if these conflicted copy can be surely deleted ?

I'm a bit confused ...

Thanks for the reply and support
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='face']I simply install 1Password in a shared folder in dropbox.

After about 1 year i see that many files are named 'conflicted copy of ...'

i see other threads here, in this forum, about that Dropbox problem.

1 Password read these conflicted copy or simply ignored them ?

How to know if these conflicted copy can be surely deleted ?

I'm a bit confused ...

Thanks for the reply and support[/QUOTE]

Are you saying you see "Conflicted copy"s in 1Password or in Finder in your Dropbox folder? I thought you meant in 1Password. You can find which data file 1Password is reading by selecting 1Password > Preferences > General and looking at the Data File Location path.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
  • face
    face Member
    edited December 1969
    I see conflicted copy in finder, in my dropbox folder ...

Here's another thread i've just found about that:

[url]http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/showthread.php?20830-Every-entry-in-keychain-has-a-conflicted-copy&highlight=dropbox+conflicted[/url]
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    To be honest, face, I never look in my 1Password.agilekeychain "folder." I trust 1Password and Dropbox to do their thing and read the right data. If I had to clean the folder up for some reason, I would delete the conflicts after making a backup of my 1Password data; however, if it were my data, I wouldn't delete anything at all.
  • bdonohoe
    bdonohoe Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I've been using Dropbox to sync 1Password for many months now. Today I upgraded to the new versions that support cloud syncing via Dropbox. My iPhone is syncing right now and finding a conflict with every single entry. It is in the process of creating hundreds and hundreds of conflicts.

I assume I can just delete them all when it's finished and it continue syncing the original copies...
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='bdonohoe']I've been using Dropbox to sync 1Password for many months now. Today I upgraded to the new versions that support cloud syncing via Dropbox. My iPhone is syncing right now and finding a conflict with every single entry. It is in the process of creating hundreds and hundreds of conflicts.

I assume I can just delete them all when it's finished and it continue syncing the original copies...[/QUOTE]

We will be adding a conflict resolver in the next update of 1Password for Mac.
  • dbingham
    dbingham Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='roustem']We will be adding a conflict resolver in the next update of 1Password for Mac.[/QUOTE]

In the mean time, is there something we can do to clean it up as bdonohoe suggested? I'd like to not have 550+ conflicted files in my dropbox account just because I tried the new sync feature (previously used WiFi).
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='dbingham']In the mean time, is there something we can do to clean it up as bdonohoe suggested? I'd like to not have 550+ conflicted files in my dropbox account just because I tried the new sync feature (previously used WiFi).[/QUOTE]

You can delete these files manually. However if you do that, please first run Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File, and also completely reinstall 1Password on your iPhone. This will make sure you do not have any items that might cause a conflict.
  • jwarthman
    jwarthman Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    My problem is likely the same, but I'll post details in case it's actually a different issue.

I've used Dropbox for a long time to keep 1Password on my Macs in sync. I've been using Wi-fi to sync 1Password Pro on my iPhone. Everything seemed ok.

Recently I upgraded 1Password to:

Mac: 3.3.0 (build 30700)

iPhone4: 3.5

Today I decided to enable Dropbox sync on my iPhone - and things got "interesting".

1. iPhone displayed many messages during the sync similar to:

Detected conflict for XXXX.

Creating a new conflict copy on Dropbox

2. 1PasswordAgent on the Mac recorded a large number of messages in the Console log, e.g.:

07/24/2010 12:40:44 PM 1PasswordAgent[515] Ignoring Agile Keychain file: /Users/xxxxxx/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/F7883ADD9ABB5CBEC20F39BE (Jim’s iPhone's conflicted copy 2010-07-24).1password

3. Now, every couple minutes 1PasswordAgent on the Mac records an error message in the Console log, e.g.:

07/24/2010 12:48:08 PM 1PasswordAgent[515] *** -[NSConcreteData getBytes:range:]: location 0 exceeds data length 0

So I have a few questions.

1. Are my 1Password files (Dropbox, iPhone) usable, or are they corrupt and I should wait for a fix?

2. Anything I should or should not do, under the circumstances?

3. Is the primary issue with 1Password Pro on the iPhone, since it created the duplicate files when it did the 1st (non-WiFi) sync?

4. How long before we'll see a fix? :-)

By the way, I really, really like 1Password, and frequently recommend it to friends! It's become a standard part of my day-to-day computer use.

Thanks!

Jim
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    1. Please see if you can access the items in 1Password. You should be able to see all the items without a problem.

2. I would reinstall the iPhone application and then use "Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File.." and sync all data again. This will make sure that no new conflicts are created by iPhone app.

Let us know if you still see the error messages from 1PasswordAgent after rebuilding the data file.

Thanks!
  • May i have the exact process that i should use to now clean up the mess from using the new dropbox feature.
  • RyanG
    RyanG Junior Member
    I just started having issues with this conflict resolver. I don't start the actual 1Password application very often on my Macs, I just use the autofill but the last week or so, I started launching the app and the conflict resolver comes up with a bunch of duplicate entries and the problem is I can't find these entries in the 1password datafile. I search for these conflicts to delete them but they are not there.

I use dropbox for syncing my iPad, iPhone and three Macs and haven't had this issue until recently.

I'm al little weary of choosing which copy to keep since the conflict resolver doesn't give me a date when the record was last changed so I don't really know which one to keep.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    The difference(s) between the items will be highlighted by the conflict resolver. If you have a "primary" 1Password data set — for most users it will likely be their main Mac, but in your case it may be your iPhone — select "Choose All from…" in the action menu (gear button) in the bottom left corner of the Conflict Resolver window.