This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Issue With Using 'Lookup in 1Password Bookmarklet' With 1Password Pro on iPad

gwetzlr
gwetzlr Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Using the bookmarklet found on [URL="http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/pro_edition.html"]this page[/URL] with the [I]just[/I] updated 1Password Pro on my iPad does not work correctly. The attached screen appears and nothing else happens after invoking the bookmarklet from MobileSafari on a site that I have a login for.

I tried rebooting my iPad but that obviously did not fix this.

This bookmarklet worked fine up until I updated to 1Password Pro with iPad support.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    I understand that you're using 1Password Pro 3.0 at this time, but do you have only 1Password Pro installed, or do you also have the iPad-only version installed?
  • gwetzlr
    gwetzlr Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I only have 1Password Pro installed. I did not buy the iPad-only version.
  • jjk454ss
    jjk454ss Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Same here, using 1Password Pro also. Not the iPad only version. Was working fine before this last update.
  • zwei
    zwei Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Same thing happening here.
  • poly915
    poly915 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Same problem here.
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Thank you for the reports, everyone. We are investigating now.
  • ericsr
    ericsr Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Any updates? I have same issue
  • LcTrKiD
    LcTrKiD Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Same problem here! I hope you'll fix it asap. Thank you very much !!!
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    No, I'm sorry, no updates on this one yet.
  • jjk454ss
    jjk454ss Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I was really hoping this last update would fix this. Any ETA available? With all my passwords set using 1Password it is really a pain without this app working like it does on my iPhone.
  • jneyer
    jneyer Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Same here. I understand growing pains but by moving to the dual app you removed the features we specifically wanted when we re-purchased the Pro version. Note: the iPhone pro app was working just fine on the iPad. I request that you ditch the iPad interface for pro users in favor of having the app work *as advertised*. Take your time and do it right, but currently you continue to mislead your current and new customers. This is the one iPad app I need functionality over pretty UIs.
  • Daremo
    Daremo Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I thought I was the only one having this issue. I actually registered here to post my issue, and I see it's being looked into. Basically this app is almost useless without this feature. Are you closer to a solution for this yet? This is frustrating to say the least.
  • poly915
    poly915 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I'm sure that with OS4 on its way, the Agile team has bigger fish to fry, but I'm also hoping that they will "throw us a bone" in the meantime and fix this small but integral feature of 1Password Pro on the iPad.
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='jjk454ss']Any ETA available?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Daremo']I thought I was the only one having this issue. I actually registered here to post my issue, and I see it's being looked into. Basically this app is almost useless without this feature. Are you closer to a solution for this yet? This is frustrating to say the least.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums, Daremo. I'm sorry that I don't have an update for you on this. Our developers will get it fixed as quickly as possible.

[quote name='racermtb']Same here. I understand growing pains but by moving to the dual app you removed the features we specifically wanted when we re-purchased the Pro version. Note: the iPhone pro app was working just fine on the iPad. I request that you ditch the iPad interface for pro users in favor of having the app work *as advertised*. Take your time and do it right, but currently you continue to mislead your current and new customers. This is the one iPad app I need functionality over pretty UIs.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums, racermtb. I'm sorry for any confusion, but nobody re-purchased 1Password Pro. 1Password Pro 3.0 was a free upgrade for Pro users and a universal binary, so yes, it works fine on both the iPhone and the iPad. It included the iPad version for free. If you were using 1Password Pro on your phone and you were charged a second time to purchase it, please make sure that you used the same iTunes account to make your purchase. If you did, then you should contact the iTunes Support team for a refund:

[url]http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact.html?form=app_store&topic=App%20Store&subtopic=How%20to%20use%20the%20App%20Store[/url]

Again, apologies for the frustration and thank you all for your patience.
  • jneyer
    jneyer Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='justG']

Welcome to the forums, racermtb. I'm sorry for any confusion, but nobody re-purchased 1Password Pro. 1Password Pro 3.0 was a free upgrade for Pro users and a universal binary, so yes, it works fine on both the iPhone and the iPad. It included the iPad version for free. If you were using 1Password Pro on your phone and you were charged a second time to purchase it, please make sure that you used the same iTunes account to make your purchase. If you did, then you should contact the iTunes Support team for a refund:

[url]http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact.html?form=app_store&topic=App%20Store&subtopic=How%20to%20use%20the%20App%20Store[/url]

Again, apologies for the frustration and thank you all for your patience.[/QUOTE]

I think you misunderstood message:

I purchased the 1Password app on my mac...bought the upgrade to 1Password 3 on my mac....bought the standard iPhone app and then upgraded/bought the Pro version because the additional features were so compelling. I am whole because I believe I got what I paid for....except...

One of the driving features that was in the Pro version (the bookmarklet), which was working fine on the iPad prior to the iPad interface addition, has now been walled off by the new iPad interface (a big gray wall in fact). I appreciate the freebee in providing the iPad interface built into pro but it's not whole and damages the pro version that I should be able to run on the iPad.

I continue to support what you guys are doing and love the product. Heck I'd buy it all over again if it's an incentive to keep things rolling. I'd just like to be able to run the pro features on the iPad that were working when I was able to run the iPhone app. I wish the solution was as easy as downloading an old version...unfortunately it's not.
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    Hi racermtb, thanks for the clarification. We appreciate your support.

Some of the issues involving the iPad interface concern the fact that developers had to build and test the iPad version and features on a simulator, since the actual hardware was not yet available. Some features that worked perfectly on the simulator, and it wasn't until we could get the actual iPads on day 1 that we could start coding and debugging features.

We actually use 1P as well, so believe us when we say that no one wants it to work more than we do, because when it's broken for you guys, it's broken for us as well ;) It is a high priority and will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your enthusiasm and support!
  • wolfneuralnet
    wolfneuralnet Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I find it hard to believe that this has been out for 3 weeks and this issue hasn't been fixed.

The only reason I use this app on the iPad is so that when I have to log in to a site that I have stumbled across while browsing I can then get the login for it.

Unless I quit the browser, launch 1Password, find the password, copy it, and then manually paste it in, I cannot do this.

Please put this as the #1 priority for the iPad version -- I can't imagine what else is.

Thanks,

John
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the feedback, John. I'm sorry that this issue is not yet fixed. If you are a 1Password for Mac user, you can try an alternative for the time-being: the 1Password Logins bookmarklet.

Setup:

[url]http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/logins_bookmarklet.html[/url]

Use:

[url]http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/how_to_logins_bookmarklet.html[/url]

Brief demo video:

[url]http://awsgita.com/post/446703478/loginsbookmarklet[/url]
  • wolfneuralnet
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the workaround for low-security sites. I will give it a shot.

JAW
  • jjk454ss
    jjk454ss Junior Member
    edited April 2010
    [quote name='justG']Thanks for the feedback, John. I'm sorry that this issue is not yet fixed. If you are a 1Password for Mac user, you can try an alternative for the time-being: the 1Password Logins bookmarklet.

Setup:

[url]http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/logins_bookmarklet.html[/url]

Use:

[url]http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/how_to_logins_bookmarklet.html[/url]

Brief demo video:

[url]http://awsgita.com/post/446703478/loginsbookmarklet[/url][/quote]

This is different from what I thought you were talking about. This looks kind of promising. Thanks
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='jjk454ss']This is different from what I thought you were talking about. This looks kind of promising. Thanks[/QUOTE]

You are quite welcome. Please let us know what you think about it so others might give it a shot as well. It's been working out well for me in the interim.
  • vortech
    vortech Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    A while back, I recall reading one one of the many Agile news outlets that the safari password-filling bookmarklet had a discovered security flaw that could (theoretically) make it insecure. Has that been resolved if we are to use this until the round-trip bookmarklet method is restored to functionality?
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Hi, vortech. No, the Logins bookmarklet is recommended only for low-security logins. A warning is displayed when you create the bookmarklet in 1Password for Mac.
  • Jambaleia
    Jambaleia Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Are there any news on this issue with the lookup in 1password??
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Jambaleia']Are there any news on this issue with the lookup in 1password??[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry Jambaleia, at the moment we don't have an update on the status of the 'Lookup in 1Password' bookmarklet, I know our developers are working hard to get this up and running but I can't say when this will be ready.
  • richardripley
    richardripley Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Hello Agile Folks:

I'm sure that you are well aware of the problem with the bookmarklet on an iPad but I just wanted to add that I am having the problem.

Best,

RR
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='richardripley']Hello Agile Folks:

I'm sure that you are well aware of the problem with the bookmarklet on an iPad but I just wanted to add that I am having the problem.

Best,

RR[/QUOTE]

We realize that it's still a problem. We'll hopefully get a release out fairly soon to address this and other known issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • hide
    hide Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    From the original post we're almost at 3 months now without a fix for this issue.

Like others have posted, I'm a long time user and have bought all the versions. I've had my bumps and bruises along the way, but never for this amount of time.

What's the hold up? It's not that you don't have actual hardware any more. Your blog showed you getting them from the States and they're now readily available in Canada.

Using the builtin browser, or the low security bookmarklet are not good options.

~Shawn
  • wolfneuralnet
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='hide']From the original post we're almost at 3 months now without a fix for this issue.

Like others have posted, I'm a long time user and have bought all the versions. I've had my bumps and bruises along the way, but never for this amount of time.

What's the hold up? It's not that you don't have actual hardware any more. Your blog showed you getting them from the States and they're now readily available in Canada.

Using the builtin browser, or the low security bookmarklet are not good options.

~Shawn[/QUOTE]

I have to say -- this is also the longest I have had to wait from Agile for such a crucial fix. Is there something fundamental in this issue that means it is not going to be fixed on this platform?
  • gwetzlr
    gwetzlr Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='wolfneuralnet']I have to say -- this is also the longest I have had to wait from Agile for such a crucial fix. Is there something fundamental in this issue that means it is not going to be fixed on this platform?[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling it’s a bug in iOS 3.2.