This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Knox crash possibly related to Portable Home Directory

alanshutko
alanshutko Junior Member
edited September 2011 in Knox
On Lion, I'm getting constant Knox crashes. I don't know what triggers them: I'll start Knox, open a vault, and then go about my business. After a while, I notice that Knox isn't in the menubar anymore and I'll restart it.

I've attached 8 crash reports from the last 8 days. They seem split between SIGBUS and SIGSEGV.

What can I do to resolve this?

Comments

• alanshutko
    alanshutko Junior Member
    It looks like it reliably crashes when my Portable Home Directory starts syncing.

From system.log:

Sep 28 11:13:29 amelia Knox[31629]: -[NSFileManager pathFromFSRef:] ERROR! CFURLCreateFromFSRef: Nil url!

Sep 28 11:13:29 amelia [0x0-0x4de4de].com.knoxformac.knox[31629]: objc[31629]: FREED(id): message isKindOfClass: sent to freed object=0x491a20

Sep 28 11:13:32 amelia com.apple.launchd.peruser.1025[143] ([0x0-0x4de4de].com.knoxformac.knox[31629]): Job appears to have crashed: Illegal instruction: 4

From FileSyncAgent-verbose.log:

1:: [11/09/28 11:13:29.307] -[SPeer_FS_PHD mountPeerVolume]: Mounted remote home server at "/Volumes/Users".

1:: [11/09/28 11:13:29.581] -[SPeer_FS_PHD mountPeerVolume]: Final path to PHD remote home root = "/Volumes/Users/ats"
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Sorry for the delayed reply, alanshutko. I have passed this along to the developers to take a look at. I should have posted that much sooner to let you know.
  • chadseld
    chadseld 1Password Developer
    Thanks Alan. Your console log was very helpful finding this crash.

I have published Knox 2.1.11 which I should fix this issue. Please let us know if you continue to experience this crash after upgrading.