This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

MAS Version *just worked*

AgileBits guys,

I know a lot of users are having issues and I don't want to minimize those at all, but I just wanted to let you know that for some of us, it *just works*.

I've been a LONG time user of 1Password and actually waited a while to jump on the MAS version because of all the negative reports floating around. Missed out on the short term deep discount because of it. Anyway, finally decided to take the plunge and the MAS version started up and just worked. Opened my keychain (from a subfolder of my dropbox) with no problem at all and everything seems to work so far.

Thanks for making that happen.

To the rest of the world,

Yeah, there maybe be issues for some users, but a lot of us just use it, enjoy it, and never have issues so you never hear from us. If you haven't actually tried the upgrade yourself, give it a go. Maybe it'll "just work" for you like it did for me. Wish I had tried it earlier.

-dbingham

Comments

• Ind3X
    Ind3X Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    [quote name='dbingham' timestamp='1317233457' post='51634']

Missed out on the short term deep discount because of it.

[/quote]

What is this deep discount you mention? I've just became aware of a MAS version while browsing the store. Thinking of jumping on board but a little disappointed I never got an email notifying me of such a deal.
  • [quote name='dbingham' timestamp='1317233457' post='51634']

I know a lot of users are having issues and I don't want to minimize those at all, but I just wanted to let you know that for some of us, it *just works*.[/quote]

That's great to hear! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

[quote name='Ind3X' timestamp='1317234988' post='51635']

What is this deep discount you mention?[/quote]

1Password is currently available in the Mac App Store for 50% off its regular price:

https://agilebits.com/downloads/1Password/MacAppStore

[quote]Thinking of jumping on board but a little disappointed I never got an email notifying me of such a deal.[/quote]

I'm really sorry about that. We wanted to send out a newsletter, but doing that usually generates hundreds of responses. We were drowning in e-mail since Lion's and Safari 5.1's release and didn't want to keep even more folks waiting even longer for a response from us. What we should have done is sent out a broadcast from a "no-reply" e-mail address. That's not something we've done before, but it's definitely something we'll keep in mind next time. On a brighter note, the sale is still in effect!