This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

MAS Update Speed (& also) Lack of Info For Existing User Base

2»

Comments

• [quote name='brenty' timestamp='1317929207' post='52366']Work is being done on the Mac App Store version of 1Password.[/quote]

Dear god, I hope so. This is a given and not something that needs to be noted. It's also not a positive, it's a necessity. 1Password MAS users have been sold a product that inspires more frustration and aggravation than hope. If you said "Work isn't being done on the MAS version of 1Password" I would demand my money back and give up on you guys immediately without question.

[quote name='brenty' timestamp='1317929207' post='52366']Work is also going into the browser extensions and the 'website version' of 1Password.[/quote]

You're telling me, I have to kill off 1Password Helper almost every day because Universal Unlock breaks every single time between 1Password extension updates. At least the extension is improving, although it still drives me crazy and only half works.

[quote name='brenty' timestamp='1317929207' post='52366']All of these efforts will benefit the MAS version in the long run.[/quote]

Right, but during that long run (now officially over a month!) I have to use your broken application. Face it, the current balance is terrible. You need to push updates out to the MAS with a minimum goal of two weeks, max. None of these excuses make me feel any better about the current state of 1Password. You guys are just dancing around the problem. Hell, what you posted is barely a response to my concerns.
  • [quote name='brenty' timestamp='1317930769' post='52369']

That seems unfair, considering I have just replied to you in a few of these threads. [/quote]

Replies that achieve nothing don't make me feel any better and are akin to being ignored. That's all I'm getting from you guys. It has been over a month now, no new plans, no update for MAS users, no promises to restore features, same flippant reposes. Do you know the difference between companies that truly take feedback to heart and companies that "are taking it very seriously"? Action. So far, I've seen plenty of talk but zip in the way of actual results. You want me to feel like I'm being listened to? Fix something. Anything. Any one of the terrible decisions & regressions made in the last couple months, and push it out the door ASAP.

[quote name='brenty' timestamp='1317930769' post='52369']

Do we lock duplicates, merge posts, and close 20+ page long threads that devolve into everyone repeating themselves (us too!) ad nauseum until (before, hopefully) things just get out of hand? Absolutely, and we will continue to do so.[/quote]

Right, because THATS the problem. In fact, the AgileBits forums are always full of rambling rage. Oh wait, no they aren't. In fact, up until horrible decisions started being made a couple months ago in the gear up to the MAS, this was a relatively peaceful forum where posters felt respected and admins felt respected in kind.

Wonder what changed? Oh well, no sense trying to figure that out, we're off topic! Thread locked.

[quote name='brenty' timestamp='1317930769' post='52369']

I don't feel like there is any need for you or anyone else to rehash your position in multiple duplicate threads, and we feel the same way about any other discussions (feature requests, bug reports, etc.) and try to keep things tidy wherever possible.[/quote]

You would think so, eh? However in practice, nothing has been changed or fixed in over a month so clearly that is not the case. Knowing that, I will continue to make my opinion heard until it is actually taken into account, not just "taken very seriously" and then dismissed.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    [quote]Fix something.[/quote]

Okay, but we do ask for your patience since development, app store submission, and app store approval takes some time. We're working every day on the next update of 1Password 3.9. I wish I could somehow prove this to you before it is available in the Mac App Store, but it will be released as soon as it is ready for you to see for yourself.

That said, we [i]have[/i] released myriad updates to the browser extension which benefit both 1Password 3.8 [b]and[/b] 3.9. If you haven't been receiving these updates in your browser(s) that is something we need to investigate.

Also, the incremental updates we have released for 1Password 3.8 will be available in one larger update to 1Password 3.9. It's just a matter of release timing for the two different branches at this time. However, the work is being done, and you can check it out for yourself if you want to download the latest beta version:

http://agilebits.com/products/1Password/versions/betas

I hope that helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers,
  • shinratdr
    edited October 2011
    [quote name='khad' timestamp='1318314076' post='52650']

Okay, but we do ask for your patience since development, app store submission, and app store approval takes some time. We're working every day on the next update of 1Password 3.9.[/quote]

It's not that I don't believe you, it's that this is the crux of the problem. You shouldn't be working on it, it should have been finished and entered the approval queue already. 3.9.1 should have fixed the major bugs and regressions ASAP, not become a catch-all for every issue with 1Password MAS that takes a month to get out the door. You guys just aren't planning these updates out properly. Over a month and it hasn't even been submitted? TOO LONG.
  • mixture
    mixture Junior Member
    [quote name='shinratdr' timestamp='1318353447' post='52681']

Over a month and it hasn't even been submitted? TOO LONG.

[/quote]

Indeed.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thanks for all the feedback folks. I think it is safe to say that this thread has run its course. We can sit here and go back and forth with "it should have been done yesterday" and "we're still working on it", but I don't know that anyone can add much more to the thread beyond that at this point.

Best regards,
This discussion has been closed.