This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Upgrade to 1Password 3.9; extension version numbers

I have ended up with 2 versions installed, 3.8.x, and 3.9. I cannot get rid of 3.8.x. When I asked how to clean up this mess, I was told to manage my Safari Extensions and get the latest version online here. I deleted the extension in Safari (I guess that is what manage means) and downloaded the latest version and installed it. That gave me a version 3.8.5 again. At this point the icon in the Safari window bar is gone, but the icon in the Finder menubar will not open iPassword. To get into iPassword I have to go to the Applications folder. (At least that still works.) After deleting the old version yesterday, this morning iPassword updated itself to 3.8.6.b5.

How can I get rid of the 3.8.x version? Then how can I get the 3.9 version to work right?

I have the iOS version but I'm scared to touch it until the Mac OS Lion version is working right.

BTW, telling me to manage Safari Extensions doesn't tell me anything useful. What does that mean I should do?

Comments

• Hi, skeese, sorry for the frustration you've experienced. To be honest, I don't know what "manage Safari extensions" means, either, so I don't blame you for being irritated. Did you see this anywhere in our user guide? If so, please let us know and we'll update the instructions to make more sense.

One thing I'd like to clear up is some confusion about version numbers. The browser extension and the application extension versions don't have to match, although they can. They can't be kept in sync because the browser extensions are generally updated more frequently than the application. The latest Mac App Store (MAS) version of 1Password is 3.9 and the latest non-MAS version is 3.8.7. The latest non-beta extension version is 3.8.5.

To migrate from the non-MAS version of 1Password to the MAS version:

http://support.agilebits.com/kb/1password-3-for-mac/how-do-i-install-1password-39-if-i-already-use-a-non-mac-app-store-version

Let's start with that, and if you get stuck or have other questions, please let us know.