This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1PasswordAgent error in the system.log

Smudge
Smudge Junior Member
I was receiving the following error messages in the system.log every 10 to 180 seconds.

[CODE]9/28/11 1:03:51.251 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501: (ws.agile.1PasswordAgent[12701]) posix_spawn("/Volumes/Isis/Library/Application Support/1Password/Agent/1PasswordAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/1PasswordAgent", ...): No such file or directory

9/28/11 1:03:51.251 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501: (ws.agile.1PasswordAgent[12701]) Exited with code: 1

9/28/11 1:03:51.251 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501: (ws.agile.1PasswordAgent) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds[/CODE]

This seems to be left over from a previous version where the 1Password Helper was called Agent and was controlled by launchd config instead of by the 1P app itself.

Since there isn't an uninstaller (at least that I could find), simply deleting 1P or disabling the 1P helper (via the preferences) didn't remove the LaunchAgent entry. I had to manually remove it by launching Terminal and issuing…

[CODE]launchctl stop ws.agile.1PasswordAgent

launchctl unload /Volumes/Isis/Jeff/Library/LaunchAgents/ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist

[/CODE]

Then I deleted the /Volumes/Isis/Jeff/Library/LaunchAgents/ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist file.

Perhaps future versions should check for these old configurations and remove them.

Hope this helps

Comments