This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Can't 'find existing data file'

Very happy with 1PW until I updated to V3.8.6 Browser extension still works fine but when I try to open the program, I get a screen giving me the options to either 'find existing data file' or 'set up data file'. Click 'find existing' and finder goes to Keychain and the two files there (applepushserviced.keychain and system.keychain) are both grey'd out.

Comments

• Yikes. Sorry for the trouble, JPZ. Can you please tell us which version of 1Password you're using? You can ignore the welcome screen, for now, and click 1Password > About 1Password. Also, do you sync your data with other computers using Dropbox?
  • V 3.8.6 and I synch to my iPhone with Dropbox
  • Great, thanks. When you open your Dropbox folder, do you see 1Password.agilekeychain there?
  • No Nik, there is no Password info in my Dropbox
  • Thank you. Okay, so first we have to restore the data, then figure out what happened. To restore your data, open 1Password, ignore the welcome screen, and click File > Restore Data File from Backup.

Your diagnostics report may be helpful in figuring out how this happened. Please click Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report and e-mail the generated report to us at support@agilebits.com, along with the link to this thread so we can put the pieces together.

We appreciate your help!
  • I've sent the diagnostic report and am restoring from back-up. How long should the restore take for 202 files? THe wheel has been spinning for almost 10 minutes.
  • It's still hung and 1Password won't quit. I'll restart the computer.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    We have received your Diagnostics Report (thanks!) and I'll be replying to you by email to followup.
  • Tried restoring with 4 different a data file back up 4 times. Every time 1-P hung up and I had to force quit it. What next?
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    The restore shouldn't take long and certainly should not hang. Could you send us a process sample of the 1Password application during the problem? To take a process sample, launch the Activity Monitor application (found in /Applications/Utilities/) and select the appropriate process -- 1Password in this case -- in the process list. Start the 1Password restore and when you observe the hang (give it maybe 10 seconds after it starts), click the Sample Process button in Activity Monitor. Please save the report and attach it to your reply to Marty's email he sent you earlier today.

In order to cut down on duplication, would you mind if we simply continued with email support rather than the forums here since we have already moved the bulk of the discussion there?

We'll try to post a resolution here (once we have one) for anyone else following along at home.