This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1PW App Can't find agilekeychain on SD Card

RobinH
RobinH Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Android
Downloaded and installed the app. Copied the 1Password.agilekeychain into the root directory of the SD card. I can see the file there when browsing with Astra file manager or when its mounted on the Mac. But when I open the app on the phone, I get the following:

"1Password data file was not found on your SD card. Please copy it into the root directory of the SD card and try again."

I deleted the file, rebooted the phone, and again moved it into the root directory. Still get the same result.

Very frustrating. I was sooooo very excited to see this out for Android!!! Hope you can fix it soon.

Running it on a HTC Aria with 2.1. Not rooted, no mods.

Kudos for doing an Android app!!!

Comments

• dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='RobinH']Downloaded and installed the app. Copied the 1Password.agilekeychain into the root directory of the SD card. I can see the file there when browsing with Astra file manager or when its mounted on the Mac. But when I open the app on the phone, I get the following:

"1Password data file was not found on your SD card. Please copy it into the root directory of the SD card and try again."[/quote]

This sounds very strange. Please use Astra to look inside the 1Password.agilekeychain folder and make sure it contains all your files; the most important one is in the data/default subfolder, named 1password.keys.

Also, make 100% sure that your data folder is called 1Password.agilekeychain as the name must be exact.

[quote name='RobinH']Kudos for doing an Android app!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks!
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    Oh, I forgot to mention to verify that you have the data file on the SD card and not the phone memory. I know you mentioned SD card but it is a good thing to double check.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited December 1969
    Hi Robin,

I recommend you to update your application with the latest release which is available today. It may fix your problem.

Also you need to ensure that the file name is exactly 1Password.agilekeychain and was not modifiied (hope it is so).

In addition,it is important to have the file under the root folder, not in any subfolder.

In this Pilot release the file should be copied through the USB on SD card in future releases your datafile will be synchronized with Dropbox automatically.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Gene

Android Developer
  • RobinH
    RobinH Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    OK, so I'm very happy to report that I just upgraded to the 3rd beta, and all is good! I'm still not sure why it couldn't find the agilekeychain file before. I didn't do a thing to the file after I upgraded to the new beta, so the file was there before, all correctly spelled and placed into the root directory of the sd card, but for some reason, the program couldn't find it. What ever you guys did, it worked!!

You've got a happy camper here :-)

Thanks!
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited July 2010
    Hi Robin,

I am happy that you are happy with the app, this is what we at Agile are all striving for : TO MAKE ALL OUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY !

In this release the folder 1Password.agilekeychain should be in the rood directory on your phone's SD card, in future releases it will be possible to specify an alternative location.

However, the folder name should stay exactly the same.

BTW, there is a new release coming this week, so please stay tuned.

There is no Dropbox integration yet, but there are some nice features in the coming release you will like !

And always mail us your suggestions/recommendations to us, we always waiting.

Thank you in advance,

Sincerely,

Gene
  • Hermann.B
    Hermann.B Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I just installed 1Password on my new Samsung Galaxy 9000 S Android phone.

I also copied the 1Password.agilekeychain file/folder to the root folder of the external SD card.

But when I start 1Password (1.0 Beta #3) it just shows me a 'Welcome to 1Password for Android !" screen and the message "1Password data file was not found on your SD card. Please copy 1Password.agilekeychain file into the root directory of the SD card and try again."

I verified that the data/default subfolder contains the 1password.keys file.

Any idea what might be wrong?
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited July 2010
    Hi Hermann,

For this current release of 1Password For Android, the 1Password Data File should be actually copied through USB to the root directory of your phone's SD card,

It is very important to place the file not in any subfolder on the SD card but into the root directory, in other words, to the very top level.

In addition, it is critical to ensure that the file name hasn't changed (some users do that): it should be exactly that: 1Password.agilekeychain

In the next version of the application which is coming soon it will be possible to specify a different location for the data file.

Besides, we are working hard to integrate 1Password for Android with Dropbox, it will make application use even more convenient.

Please check your settings one more time and let us know.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer
  • Hermann.B
    Hermann.B Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='GeneY']Hi Hermann,

For this current release of 1Password For Android, the 1Password Data File should be actually copied through USB to the root directory of your phone's SD card[/QUOTE]

Ok, now I might have understood.

By "phone's SD card" you mean the internal SD card of the phone, not the external one which can be user provided? Is that correct?

I'll try this evening when I get back home and let you know.
  • Hermann.B
    Hermann.B Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Hermann.B']Ok, now I might have understood.

By "phone's SD card" you mean the internal SD card of the phone, not the external one which can be user provided? Is that correct?

I'll try this evening when I get back home and let you know.[/QUOTE]

Now that I put the file into the correct folder, 1Password found it and I could decrypt it. Great!

However when I touch the line that displays the number of items the App crashes reproducibly.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited December 1969
    Hi Hermann.B,

First of all, I am glad you are able to see your data.

I was able to reproduce the crash you are having with clicking on the number of items.

This bug will be fixed in the next release coming soon, so please check for updates.

There will be a number of new features in the new release you will definitely find useful.

For ex, you will be able to select a location for your data file other than the root directory of your card

Best Regards,

Gene

Android developer
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited December 1969
    Hi kevin,

First of all, welcome to the Forum and feel comfortable asking us all your questions !

Please share with us your suggestions, ideas and recommendations on how to make 1Password for Android even better !

Your input is greatly appreciated by the team !

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer
  • Is it necessary for the 1Password.agilekeychain file to be from the current version of 1Password?

I'm still using v.2.12.1 and was wondering if that might be a reason I've had trouble with 1P finding the file on my HTC Incredible's SD card. I can launch the app and use Preferences to find the file (correct name, on sdcard/), but after I've clicked "Set Data File Location" and re-entered my master password, there are still 0 entries in all my categories.

Mark
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Mark,

There should not be a problem with seeing all your items even if your 1Password is really old.

However, I test my application with Mac version 3.3.0 and cannot completely be sure about backward compatibility.

It would be advisable for you to upgrade your 1Password to the latest release though.

Some users reported this problem, it turned out that 1Password.agilekeychain folder was not copied properly on SD card.

First of all, ensure that 1Password.agilekeychain/data/default folder has context.js, encryptionKeys.js and some files with .1password extension.

Next, please let me know which version of 1Password you use( for Mac or PC)

It would be of great help to me if you could forward me a context.js file on my support account android-support@agile.ws

Also which version of 1Password for Android are you using ?

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[quote name='Markg' timestamp='1281124210' post='7861']

Is it necessary for the 1Password.agilekeychain file to be from the current version of 1Password?

I'm still using v.2.12.1 and was wondering if that might be a reason I've had trouble with 1P finding the file on my HTC Incredible's SD card. I can launch the app and use Preferences to find the file (correct name, on sdcard/), but after I've clicked "Set Data File Location" and re-entered my master password, there are still 0 entries in all my categories.

Mark

[/quote]
  • Gene,

Yes, I'll probably upgrade to the most recent release soon.

I've sent you the contents.js file (at least, I hope you were asking for contents,js and not context.js!). All the other files you mentioned seem to be in the appropriate place. When I go in to the preferences and set the file location, it says "sdcard/1Password.agilekeychain."

The version on my phone is 1.0 beta #5.

Mark
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Mark,

I just wanted to let you know that the newest version of 1P for Android is available on Market.

Please install and give it a try, hopefully all your issues will be addressed.

Also please always send us your suggestions and recommendations on android-support@agile.ws

Regards,

Gene
  • KennyL
    KennyL Junior Member
    [quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1281545995' post='8253']

Hi Mark,

I just wanted to let you know that the newest version of 1P for Android is available on Market.

Also please always send us your suggestions and recommendations on android-support@agile.ws

Regards,

Gene

[/quote]

[size="5"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Hi Gene,

I installed the update. First tried syncing using my dropbox file. No good. Copied the file to the root of the SD card of my phone. It "found" the file, but got numerous errors.

Note: The name of the file in dropbox was kennys1password.agilekeychain. I thought maybe the "kennys" part of the name was the culpret. So I copied it to the SD, renamed it "1password.agilekeychain" but still got errors.

Just an FYI

Kenny

[/font][/size]
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited August 2010
    Hi Kenny,

Sorry to hear about your problem,please get another version from Market and try it.

The name of the file must be 1Password.agilekeychain,nothing else.

Your keychain may have some items which are not supported by my 1P for Mac v 3.3.0 which I use.

The new release will address the issues.

Please report me all your detailed errors on android-support@agile.ws, I will try to address them as fast as I can.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Gene
  • [quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1281545995' post='8253']

[/quote]

Gene,

I downloaded v.1 beta #5.2, copied the 1Password.agilekeychain file (from 1Password v 2.12.1) to the SD card, and rebooted the phone (HTC Incredible v.2.1-update1).

Upon launching the 1Password Android app, I get an error message. I tried to send it to you through my GMail account, but I've having trouble with that.

Here are the basics:

---------------------------------

[font="Courier New"]An error has occurred in the app.

Corrupted fle:contents.js:

=======INTERNAL ERROR==========

com.onepassword.passwordmanager.support.

PasswordManagerException:Corrupted file:contents.js:[/font]

---------------------------------

It then goes on to list a lot of stuff. If it would be helpful for you to have that file, let me know how to get it off the phone and I'll send it on. Or perhaps there's something else I've missed as far as upgrading or getting the file in the right place.

Hope this helps.

Mark
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hello Mark,

Some customers reported an issue with Corrupted file:

contents.js:

=====INTERNAL ERROR:======

com.onepassword.passwordmanager.support.PasswordManagerException: Corrupted file:contents.js:

=====INTERNAL ERROR:======

org.json.JSONException: JSONArray[7] not found.

I just spoke with 1Password Chief Architect about this issue.

Notice that your 1Password.agilekeychain file on Mac or Windows is corrupted or obsolete

(the current version of 1P for Mac is 3.3.0), and should be rebuilt.

Please launch 1Password for Mac application and rebuild your data file by using

Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File option.

When customers rebuilt their data files, the problem was magically solved.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Gene
  • Okay, beyond trying to get past the fact that JSONArray[7] sounds like a comic book superhero and the fact that he's not found indicates more trouble for Earth (again), it seems your suggesting my only recourse is to upgrade from v.2.12.1 to the current, 3.x, version of 1Password.

Actually, having 1Password functionality on my phone would make that worth while. Once that's done, I'll let you know if it's working or not.

In the meantime, I will spend some time trying to guess the strange powers of JSONArray[7]. Can he corrupt files?

Thanks.

Mark
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Mark,

I can assure you that 1Password for Android will not and can not (and doesn't even want) to corrupt any files inside of your Dropbox.

I am pretty sure that your problem is related to 1P Data File being corrupted inside of Dropbox (even if you can open and see it on your desktop) and rebuilding it will definitely help you as it helped many other users.

In the same time, upgrading 1Password for Android to Beta 1.5.3 will bring a magic relief to your application too.

Kind Regards,

Gene

[quote name='Markg' timestamp='1281665149' post='8563']

Okay, beyond trying to get past the fact that JSONArray[7] sounds like a comic book superhero and the fact that he's not found indicates more trouble for Earth (again), it seems your suggesting my only recourse is to upgrade from v.2.12.1 to the current, 3.x, version of 1Password.

Actually, having 1Password functionality on my phone would make that worth while. Once that's done, I'll let you know if it's working or not.

In the meantime, I will spend some time trying to guess the strange powers of JSONArray[7]. Can he corrupt files?

Thanks.

Mark

[/quote]
  • I downloaded 1password for android twice. Would not find 1password.agilekeychain file on sd card. Searched all of sd card; nothing. Upgraded with new 1password nothing. Uninstalled and and reinstalled. Better. Now has 1Password for Android Setup and points to (sdcard/) folder but when I hit the "Set Data File Location" button it pops up with "invalid location specified, please check" So I did. No files on the sd card relating to 1password any where. I don't have these files anywhere am not going to use 1Password anywhere but on my phone and don't plan to.

How do I get the files downloaded to my phone as installing the application does not do it?

2 degrees and several hour of programming classes still don't make some application easy to use or install.
  • kcshawman
    edited August 2010
    Ok. Found out from another forum that for now you must have the application on a Mac or PC. You then copy the files from Mac or PC to phone. Must be setup and working on computer first.

The next step is for them to write a stand alone 1Password program that requires nothing but your phone to work. Maybe a backup procedure to keep a file on PC or Mac so you will have the passwords when you drop your phone in the pool.
  • [quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1281721852' post='8650']

I am pretty sure that your problem is related to 1P Data File being corrupted inside of Dropbox (even if you can open and see it on your desktop) and rebuilding it will definitely help you as it helped many other users.

In the same time, upgrading 1Password for Android to Beta 1.5.3 will bring a magic relief to your application too.

[/quote]

Gene,

The newest version does allow me to open the file on the SD card, though I encounter a force quit when I choose About from the menu. For the record, though, I've not yet set anything up on Dropbox.

Thanks for your help!

Mark
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Mark,

I am glad you can use 1P on your phone now.

"About Dialog" issue (very rare phone specific known Google OS Bug)

will be fixed in the Beta 1.5.4 release (I already made a posting about that).

Please stay tuned for the updates (coming next week).

Regards,

Gene

[quote name='Markg' timestamp='1281742293' post='8694']

Gene,

The newest version does allow me to open the file on the SD card, though I encounter a force quit when I choose About from the menu. For the record, though, I've not yet set anything up on Dropbox.

Thanks for your help!

Mark

[/quote]