This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Safari extension sometimes doesn't work

Blacksmith
Blacksmith Junior Member
I'm currently running Mac OS 10.7.1, 1Password 3.88 c/w Safari extension 3.8.5 and Safari 5.1. I have 'Install updates automatically' checked under extensions.

Occasionally, when browsing with Safari I'm finding that ⌘ \ doesn't display the safari extension and I have no choice but to quit Safari and restart. Restarting Safari always cures this issue, which is now really starting to annoy.

I've had this for some time and initially attributed it to running betas, so stopped doing so to concentrate on release versions. However the problem persists.

Comments

• Sorry for the trouble! Generally, if the keyboard shortcut stops working in Safari, it's an indication that there is some problem communicating with 1Password Helper. Opening 1Password and clicking Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper should both resolve the issue and enable you to keep working, instead of interrupting your session to restart Safari.

As for why exactly the communication is being disrupted, that's something we're trying to diagnose and fix right now. We've seen this happen most frequently in Chrome, less so in Firefox, and even less so in Safari. We hope to get this resolved soon.