This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Dropbox Blocked on Work PC. How do I sync to my other PC's

My wife and I are using 1Password on multiple PC's and iphones, all accessing the same dropbox account. Everything was working smoothly until my work started blocking access to dropbox, thus I am no longer able to keep my 2 work PC's (1 desktop +1 laptop) synced with my other PC's and devices. Of course I bring my work laptop home and can sync there, but how do I keep my work desktop synced without access to dropbox ? I was thinking of using the laptop as a "bridge" but I am not sure how to do this. Any ideas ?

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, gmx!

Dropbox is the only sync mechanism supported by 1Password for Windows.

As described in [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/away-from-PC.html"][i]Using your 1Password data away from your computer[/i][/url] (in the [i]FAQ[/i] section of the user's guide), though, you have a couple of simple options that will give you access to your 1Password data at work.
  • Thanks for the response!

I was hoping I could use some kind of file syncing program between my work PC and laptop, then when I bring the laptop home, I would sync using dropbox. This implies the laptop is synced with both dropbox and another program. Would this be possible ?
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    edited October 2011
    You could copy the entire [i]1Password.agilekeychain[/i] folder from one machine to the other (by way of a USB drive, for example).

[color=#b22222][b]Caution:[/b] This is not supported behavior.[/color] If you use this method, be sure to delete the existing [i]1Password.agilekeychain[/i] folder from the target drive BEFORE copying the newer [i]1Password.agilekeychain[/i] folder over it. Windows' default behavior would be to merge the content of the two folders, which could render your data inaccessible.

To reiterate, this IS NOT synchronization and incurs the same risk as any copy-and-paste of one folder over another.